Am I Facing Breast Cancer?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt , I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending up prayers for successful surgery and quick healing. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well here I am with my breasts still attached to my chest. It is so hard to believe what happened that I am still in partial shock and just don't know what to think right now...I am just letting my faith and trust in God sustain me.

Here's what happened. At 6:30pm the night before my surgery I got a phone call from my Breast Surgeon's Nurse telling me that my surgery was canceled because my BS did not feel confident doing the double mastectomy when my EKG was not normal. Now this is on Tuesday night and they had my EKG results since the Thursday before and had called me for my Heart Doctor's name so he could sign off on my surgery....I never got a call after that saying he didn't sign off or about anything else. Tuesday about mid morning I get a call from the Hospital Pre-Op Nurse telling me to check in the hospital at 5:15am and that my surgery would be at 7:30am...the Nurse even told me I was the only one my Breast Surgeon was operating on that day. Then as I said above I get a call at 6:30 that evening...not from my Breast Surgeon...but from her Nurse telling me my surgery is canceled and that they want me to see my Heart Doctor before rescheduling the surgery! Three of my sisters came down from Florida to be there for me during my surgery and there was no surgery. It was so hard keeping my faith strong to go through that surgery and it was canceled like it was nothing but an after thought! I'm not very happy about how this was handled at all and the only thought giving me any peace right now is that this surgery was canceled because it was God's will to stop this surgery and His reasons will be revealed in His perfect timing.

So here I am...breasts still part of me...and cancer still a part of me too. Life on this earth sure can be hard sometimes...and this is one of those times for me. Thanks to all of you who were praying and wishing good things for me....don't stop as there is still much ahead that those prayers and thoughts will help me walk through.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the update, @Babs Hunt. That certainly sounds frustrating.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Good grief !! Goood , Good grief!! I'm stunned, !!! :eek: this is just incredulous!! What on earth is happening, ?.. how horrendous for you to get right to the 11th hour basically, and have this cancelled, when you so desperately need some intervention..

I'm so sorry Babs, this is just beyond belief!! Have you been given any other information as to why you have to see your heart surgeon, and when, and how soon after that the surgery can take place.

I spent all day yesterday as I'm sure everyone here did thinking of you, and asking the good lord to keep you safe... and I can't even credit that you have to continue with this worry over your head!!.. Keep the faith Babs, as I know you will, I can only hope and prey that there's a higher power looking after you...

Babs Hunt and Bess Barber like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know that must have been a terrible shock, especially when hey could have let you know about the delay days before, or at least it sounds like they could (and should) have told you. Even your doctor seems remiss in this, since he was the one who wouldn’t sign off for you to have the operation.
    We don’t always understand the things that happen in our lives, and we just have to trust that God knows what is best. We will keep praying for you, and maybe you will see that it was important for you not to have the operation right then.
    If it is going to endanger your heart, that is not a good thing either.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt ...I can't even imagine what you are going through. Do get to the bottom of all this confusion before they wheel you in surgery. Prayers and best wishes for you and family as you once again have trying times to deal with.

Babs Hunt and Bess Barber like this.
  7. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I joined the forum after you weren't posting as much, so I don't know you very well, but I do know God. Maybe He knew something about today that wasn't in your best interest to proceed at the designated time. You may never know why, but when you know He loves you, then you can rest in His timing.

images - 2019-09-05T173409.602.jpeg

8. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

What a sorry thing to have happen! I hope everything goes smoothly from now on.

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My prayers are still with you, Babs.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Would never stop - God works in mysterious ways, as the saying goes - and whatever seems insurmountable
    can become a good outcome. Whatever happens Babs, you are prepared, wishing you the strength and guidance as always

Hedi Mitchell and Babs Hunt like this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

of course my heavenly Father is looking out for me Holly...that's why He stopped the surgery! :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There are no mishaps with God...for whatever reason (and I'm sure it will be revealed in His perfect timing) He did not want me to go through with the surgery at this time.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I will be seeing my Heart Doctor this coming Wednesday, Sept. 11th but I'm sure I won't know to much at this first appointment. He will probably want to run most of the tests he ran last time...and at my first visit all he did was do an EKG and listen to my heart, etc.

I did some research yesterday and if I do have heart problems they could be made worse by surgery or chemo....so I think God made a good call...even if He did let it happen at the last minute. God is really good about doing "suddenlies" when He knows that is what is best for us. I trust Him...I just don't like how the humans handled it. I'll keep y'all updated and I really appreciate your prayers, good thoughts, and just your plain caring about me. Love all of you very much! :)

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Saw my Heart Doctor and there are some changes since my first EKG with Him a few years ago. So I'm scheduled for a Pet Scan and stress test on Thursday. Any surgery will depend on the outcome of this.

Thursday will also be the six month mark of my being diagnosed with Breast cancer. It's a roller coaster ride no one take believe me but I'm learning I can do a lot more than I ever thought I could do through God's strength in me. And I've learned that I still will only do what I feel at peace doing.

15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the update Babs, all your friends here are worried about you, but I'm totally confused as to why it's all taking so long . I always understood that if BC was diagnosed then speed is of the essence!!:eek:

Beth Gallagher likes this.