Am I Facing Breast Cancer?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:) :):)

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I felt really sad reading that post .. I;m sorry, it really brought tears to my eyes and that's the truth..I'd rather you stayed here with all of your family, and stop talking about going anywhere until you've spoken to the doctor...

I understand you have your faith and that's helping you very much, but the rest of us are not focusing on you going anywhere else ... we're focusing on you getting well.. but I'm pleased for you that you feel at peace with whatever is to come what ever it may be

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand your feelings Holly, some days they are my feelings too. But as a Christian my life's goal is to love God and those He has blessed my earthly life with and to live with Him one day. If that day is going to come sooner than later then even though I will be sad to leave those I love and cherish, I also look forward to my eternal life with Him.

If God brings healing to me then I will praise and rejoice in that healing....but if it is my time to go to my heavenly home I will also praise and rejoice in this too.

I know this might hard to hear, but I pretty much know what the Doctor is going to say from all that has already been said to me by those helping me in the medical field...and also from what I have researched. I am willing to do some things that will be offered but I am not willing to do just anything to prolong my days....I want quality of life with my family and friends more than just seeing how long the Medical profession can keep me alive.

I also want to be able to express everything I'm feeling in my posts and hope y'all will too. Thank you for sharing your feelings with me Holly. It blessed me that you let me know you and others want me to keep "hanging around" on earth with y'all for as long as possible. I love y'all too! :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  4. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

My father had cancer in 2012. I searched online and recorded shows, took notes looking for helpful things and mailed him a lot of things, including a binder with what seemed like the best ideas.

One medical doctor who had a religious tv show with his wife (can not remember their names), he had cancer twice. He did an hour long show on cancer. One thing he stressed, "If you don't listen to anything else I tell you, take Vitamin D every day. "

Just something I wanted to share, reluctantly. I had a mother-in-law once and I used to think, "Here she goes again about the miraculous powers of Vitamin C."
    Now I do the same thing, only about Vitamin D. :)

I really wish you well and hope you are healed.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just a side note on the same topic, @Emma Smith. Vitamin C truly IS a vitamin, and, according to Linus Pauling, who is the only person ever to win two individual Noble Prizes as far as I know, claimed that Vitamin C enhances the ability of T-lymphocytes to recognize antigens, hence the cancer and disease-fighting ability. Not a cure-all, but very helpful if Dr. Pauling's statements are true. Vitamin D is actually a proto-hormone, although it is called a vitamin. Both are very important in fighting or preventing cancer, but probably in very different ways.

Emma Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska - Vitamin C is also good for cancer. Lemons, limes and oranges, after consuming, have an alkaline effect, not acidic.

Thank you for replying.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Saw my Breast Surgeon today and got some good news. My breast cancer is a Stage 2, Estrogen positive cancer...which makes it easier to treat with good results. I will definitely be having a double mastectomy...this is my choice. She gave me the choice of having a lumpectomy or just having the one breast with cancer in it removed. But since this cancer can form again...I want both breasts removed.

God willing...from the news I got today it looks like I will be "hanging around" with y'all for some time to come. :)

My surgery will probably be on April 22nd and if all goes well I will only have to spend one night in the hospital.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad to hear a bit of good news about the bad news, Babs. I'm glad you have a treatable type and I don't blame you for the double mastectomy; I'd do the same. April 22 is a good day... Earth Day!

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt ...I logged in when I saw your post.Happy tap dance:)...A tad of sunlight for you and your family.
    Just keep us updated. :)

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Day to day thinking of you - so pleased to read that post :)
    @Babs Hunt

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that is a wise choice, @Babs Hunt . I don't mean to make light of it but tell the surgeon that you want cute, perky ones as replacement. :)

Babs Hunt and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I'm not going to do reconstruction Shirley....I hate bras and will be fine being flat chested. :) Although my Breast Surgeon did say I could change my mind about having reconstruction even two years or more down the road if I want too....but I don't see that happening.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I would choose the same route as you, God forbid it would ever happen to me. I don't think I'd be interested in reconstruction surgery... I'd just be glad to be alive, I wouldn't want to put myself through any more trauma

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Did I tell y'all I love my Breast Surgeon! She is around my age and we hit if off just beautifully. She will make a great friend as well as partner in the work we have ahead of us with my breast cancer. She is also a woman of faith like me and our souls spoke to each other too. :)

I still need your prayers, etc. Praying God's will for my life is always the first thing I pray, but now I am praying that the cancer has not gone past my lymph node and has not spread anywhere else in my body. So if you want to pray for specifics for me...please pray in agreement with me for these things. And thanks. :)

15. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Will do that Babs and so pleased you have a lovely lady to guide you through this

Beth Gallagher and Babs Hunt like this.