Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by K E Gordon, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We've been Amazon customers since 1999, and have had Prime for years. Unfortunately, the yearly price for Prime keeps going up (I think the last one was $139) while the two-day delivery has been longer on occasion — particularly when the item is being delivered through the U.S. Postal Service.

One thing I notice is that there's an Amazon warehouse not too far from us, and many of our purchases are coming from there, so that's good, and those mostly arrive on time.

I had to call to get Amazon to email us ahead of our Prime renewal date ... not great to just receive a receipt.

We order a good deal of stuff from Amazon. But if the yearly price for Prime goes up, I'll have to rethink renewal. Time for them to get real. I guess it's a matter of what the market will bear.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't have Prime. I placed an order for about 12 items at 10PM on a Friday night a couple of weeks ago, and received every item but one on Wednesday morning...free shipping. The remaining item arrived Saturday. I've never seen the need for Prime, as far as free freight is concerned.