Annoying Noise Where You Live?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The main noise irritant here are teenagers, especially in the summer months, who walk by, or sometimes even stop in front of the house, at 2:00, 3:00, or even 4:00 in the morning, talking loudly, cursing, and laughing, and I think - can't they go back to texting?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't teens, even in Maine, know how to respect folks that are sleeping? As far as the cursing goes, their parents teach them that or the people they hang around with?

Can't you do anything at all about this?

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Since the mill closed, many of the people with families moved to wherever they could find work. Too many of the ones here with families now are those who have no intention of working, and aren't the best parents in the world.

4. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

We live about 1/2 mile from the Cumberland River that runs through Nashville.

About a mile or so down river is a quarry that supplies concrete and other building material for the city.

Every once in a while, they will do a blast to expose more material.

Sometimes it will be large enough for us to hear and 'feel' it.

It always stops me in my tracks; kind of a reflex.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Wow ! We must be neighbors, @Ken Anderson , those kids come right by our house during the middle of the night , too !
    I think they learned this behavior from their parents, because some of the ones who stop to argue and curse in front of our house are definitely NOT teenagers .

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Although we get snowmachine (snowmobile) and 4-wheeler noises here, as well as barking dogs, the most disturbing by far is gunfire. It is perfectly legal to shoot firearms in this area as long as you are shooting in a safe direction, it is a bit unnerving to hear it and not know the source or the direction. It could be hunters, it could be someone defending themselves from a moose or bear, or it could just be target shooting for fun, but I like to know what direction the weapon is being fired and what is the target.

7. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well where I am if noise then I must be the cause of it no complaints here on that, maybe some gunfire on opening day of bird or deer season would about be it

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Our subdivision is in a wooded area on a river and we live on a cul-de-sac that is across from the HOA boat ramp. All summer long, teenagers on all sorts of dirt bikes, 4-wheelers, etc. are revving and roaring up and down the street. That can get quite annoying so I'm dreading the end of the school year.

[​IMG]

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Only the quiet Desert breeze...

Harry

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

No problem at all with noise where I live plus my poor hearing makes it even more quiet.

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

This thread supports our decision to buy the more expensive house, over the next choice, since ours is situated on a semi-rural lot where the nearest neighbor is 500 feet away. His dog is of little consequence, barking or not.

I have known several guys who, I'm sure in thinking back now, would have fought "fire with fire" by buying a good supply of rat poison and red meat, though they could not have administered it to the irresponsible dog owner.
    Frank