Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Emotional Olympic Games, GRR! :mad:

You get wrongfully convicted without trial of a misdeed, and abruptly dumped.

Two weeks later a message: "What do you want?"

You scratch your ass for a couple of hours trying to decipher that, take a stab at an interpretation and reply: "Back to where we were without the insecurity and lack of trust."

A day later you get: "Well, you've said a lot. I can unblock your number and you can call one time. Tell me when."

Now, WTF is this? Blocked my number? Who behaves like this? What was the old phrase? Something like "psycho hose beast" I think.

But I decide to drop that, even though this entire enterprise is looking more doubtful by the second. I reply: "I could call tomorrow between 3 PM and 6, or if that doesn't work then the next day 3 PM to 10."

So then comes: "I can't do tomorrow. Either the next day or in a couple of weeks when you aren't so busy."

Again, WTF?

So are all old women as screwed up as this? Do they get this in classes at the Senior Center or is it in some kind of club manual like the old Boy Scout's Handbook?

Worst of all I suspect this phone call is going to be yet another rehash of two weeks ago's "You have one chance to admit it" about something that never happened.

A friend of mine says: "This is why the young guys are going MGTOW, and the disease has now spread to the old gals as well."

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just read this whole post twice through, and it still does not make any sense to me, @Jacob Petersheim . It appears to me that someone is playing mind games with you, and is about as unreal as they can be.
    Definitely , NOT all old ladies are this way; but you have caught a whale of one, from what I can tell. Reel in your fishing pole, hope she never unblocks your phone, and go find someplace else to fish next time.
    Those responses are not someone who misunderstood something and wants to make the relationship work again, they are someone who wants to keep the hook baited, and the fish dangling on the hook. (So , maybe this whole thing is so confusing that i can’t tell who is the fisherman and who is the fish even……. Sorry about that).

PS: what is MGTOW ?

3. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

This was not the result of "fishing" but grew out of social media flirts, then some messaging by her to me in response. Within weeks things escalated as we found a lot of common ground.

One day she didn't like a message I posted, claiming it was to "some other woman" because of how she read it. Bam! Down came the boom. The issue was dead for two weeks with no communication and now this new BS has started up.

MGTOW: "Men Going Their Own Way" is a movement of guys fed up with the BS and choosing to focus on careers, themselves, recreation, etc. and generally living a female-free life without dealing with the waste products of toxic feminism. Their biggest weakness is that they attract a lot of extremist nutjobs too, if that isn't just a label being slapped on them by the media to discredit their movement. Like how a Trump voter is a racist, fascist, eater of live babies.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Well, at least that's good to know. Thanks!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

That's actually interesting.

She did make an open post after lowering the boom about how she and her girlfriends get together to laugh their asses off sharing "dating stories." Hmm.

"Fight Club" for bitter women?

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

With places like social media, or any forum, you can usually see which people seem to be always on the edge of some drama in their lives, the world is falling apart, etc.
    I have found that these people just go from one drama to the next one, and being involved with that type of person is only going to work if you like to live with a life full of uncertainty and drama also.
    This is not just in romantic relationships, but just about any kind of friendship or relationship. Some of us are made for drama, some are made for peace in our lives.
    It took me most of my life, but I eventually found the right guy for me, who loves peace and contentment as much as i do; so do not give up on finding someone , Jacob.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Just a personal observation, but I believe "WGTOW" has been happening for a lot longer than the men's movement. :D

Jacob Petersheim likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I hated dating even before social media. But I could see emailing a bit to see if we might like to meet for lunch or something. Definitely not texting!
    Of course emails can be blocked, but why?

9. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Ahh, I left out the best part: 800 miles apart! :p

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Hmmm... Sounds like you may have started out talking "politics" with her? If you did, it's best you got it out of the way up front and early. And it might be the reason you should move on.

11. Yvonne Smith

I didn’t even think about that the word “fishing” is used in reference to a method of dating nowdays, @Jacob Petersheim , and I was only using it as a reference to what was happening in the relationship, and not implying that you were fishing, or catfishing, or whatever it is, that this term is used for nowdays. I am not even sure exactly what the term means, but I have seen it used as a derogatory one in reference to dating, or somehow involved with that.
    Apologies if I offended you, nothing disrespectful towards your behavior was intended.
    I have loved fishing (actual fishing , for a fish) since I was a little girl, and using that scenario to describe something was just an easy reference for me.

12. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

No problemo. With age we develop a bit of emotional callous anyway. But I saw nothing there to take offense with.

Money isn't part of the equation, though as it turns out you'd probably swallow your gum if you knew how big the moneybags are there. Enough to make me uncomfortable and I'm not even taking SS yet because I don't want to face the higher tax bracket. I might live as frugally as Jack Benny but I don't have to. At least I only need two banks so far to be insured.

13. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Nope, that hasn't come up yet. I suspect she may be more of a Romneycrat though, almost a scarier critter than a Bidenista.

14. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Oh, BTW, this is a sample of what you get on dating sites. This message arrived today:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

So now I guess her meds kicked in? Regarding setting a phone call appointment:
    But thanks. I appreciate knowing that not all older women are nuts.