Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@John Brunner guess what? I found someone else I can pick on too.

2. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Stay tuned for the next episode of As The Stomach Turns.

LOL I have no idea what comes next but I think I should have left this as a single-post rant and called it good.

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We can always use a good forum soap opera, @Jacob Petersheim ; so do keep us updated on how the drama queen relationship progresses. I am sure we will all be grabbing a cup of coffee and hurrying to the forum for the next episode……. You might have to put it in the journal section so we don’t lose any new drama .

Von Jones and Jacob Petersheim like this.
  4. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I really expected the situation to resolve itself quickly one way or the other. A journal might be a more appropriate place for it though considering the way it keeps on running. Thank you for that suggestion.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Now, what have I done to make myself a target?
    (TIP: "Everything" is not an acceptable answer.)

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Oooh, so you want me to get into specifics, do you? How about 'Krill Lives Matter' for one.:eek: Who would think of something like that? I personally, said out loud, "What in the world?" Someone would think you're worse than an encyclopedia or history buff extraordinaire because you don't have time to google all of it to provide a snappy response for us.:rolleyes::p:D

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

popcorn.gif

8. John Brunner

You're lucky there's the time delay provided by the typing/notification/reading process. It's way worse in person.

9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What has happened to free returns at Amazon? I wanted to return an item and discovered that I had to pay to have it returned unless it was dropped off at an “official” UPS store, which the nearest one to me now is an hour and 20 minutes away!:mad: All the UPS stores in my area have closed down and they have been here forever. I use to have a UPS store 10 minutes away from me but not anymore. We have a few “drop off” locations such as CVS drug store or Kohl’s, but those are not official UPS stores so I still have to pay for the return to drop it off at any of those “drop off” locations.

And another complaint I have about Amazon. They have just started to add ads on Prime streaming. If you don't want any ads, pay more. I already pay for Prime to get the all the perks. What the hell!:mad:

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have read complaints about the "revised" return policy at Amazon but I haven't encountered it yet. Of course we live about 6 miles from a UPS store so it's no big deal in that regard.

Sounds like Amazon is slowly ditching all the perks that made it such a success.

11. John Brunner

Yup. Amazon could use the postal service for returns, but then they would not be able to screw those of us in such regions. And why would Amazon care which method we use to tender stuff to UPS...it still gets in the UPS system.

I recently had something get lost in transit, so Amazon refunded my money. I ordered a replacement, which arrived quickly. Then the original shipment showed up a few days later. Amazon sent an email saying "Click Here To Keep It" [and we will re-bill you], or "Click Here To Return It." I clicked to return it, and the message said Non-returnable (it was a food item.) There was no way out of the loop. @Yvonne Smith gave me their phone# but I only had a day or two left in the window, and I missed it. This is an item you don't use a lot of in baking, and it has a short shelf life. $25 down the toilet.

We may as well buy the crap directly from China.

12. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Reckess Drivers.
    So I'm driving home. There are two lanes of traffic & one parking lane next to the curb. Often, drivers (usually in a BMW) who want to speed will drive in the parking lane & constantly cut back into traffic when they come up to a parked car. It's amazing how close they will cut it - almost sideswiping cars as they cut in. Well, yesterday, I had to laugh. A new BMW was doing that. First he cut in front of me & I had to brake hard to avoid him. Then he swerved back into the parking lane. A few seconds later, I heard a loud scraping sound. When I got closer, I saw that the driver's side of his pretty BMW was wrinkled & he was arguing with a woman in the other car - as if it was her fault - LOL.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have never done prime and managed to be able to pile up $25 in merchandise before putting in an order. Minimum now is $35 for free shipping.

14. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am looking for another pair of sneakers; whatever they are called these days. Why are they all so damn ugly? If they aren’t bright wild colors, they are plain black or white and look matronly looking, ugh. They all seem to also have those ugly white soles. I hate white soled shoes. They get dirty and don’t come clean. Why can’t they make the soles in more tonal colors to match the shoe? I'm sure it's about money. Everything is. :rolleyes: And If I do find a pair I like, they don’t come in wide width.:(

Sorry for the rant again. I’m feeling bitchy about everything. I guess it’s the weather, or maybe it’s just me feeling my age.:p:rolleyes:

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Xfinity/Comcast. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As soon as they come back up I will be shopping for DirectTV and Frontier internet. I have had it.