Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Stuck in Maui and can't get home. Flight coming down was cancelled, so we booked on Delta, but the return flights were on Alaska and were cancelled. We re-booked on Alaska but those flights were cancelled 5 hours prior to departure. We got booked on yet another flight tomorrow. I gotta say there are worst places to get stranded, especially since it is pushing -40 at home, but if we weren't staying withg friends, this might be costing us a fortune.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Why are they cancelling all of the flights, @Don Alaska ? That would definitely be bad if you did not have friends to stay with, but also a beautiful place to be stranded in.
    Are they still having trouble with the planes, or is it weather or something else causing the flight cancellations ?
    I am hoping you will have some nice Hawaii photos to share once you are home and can post photos again !

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They apparently are finding more loose bolts on planes that they thought. Boeing is in bad trouble at least from the public relations aspect. Alaska is suing them for hundreds of millions in lost revenue due to poor quality control. I hope they get it resolved soon. Wife takes the photos, not me.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

We had Direct tv. It was horrendous to cancel.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Registered

Ok. I was watching Candace Owens talking about flying and she said she cancels her flight if a young black or woman pilot gets on. They are hiring more and more for equity than for qualification. She said if they are older, she is more comfortable.
    Racist, sexist, age-ist discrimination? I think not.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We had Dish in our RV; it was kind of a pay-as-you-go plan where I could call when we started a trip and they would activate our account, then disable it when we got home. I don't even care about cable TV, as long as we have stable internet we can stream something to watch. I'm going to change our internet provider to Frontier; they just laid new cable in our subdivision a year or so ago and the neighbor who went with them has not had any outages. Our Xfinity service has been out 3 times in the past 3 weeks... for more than 24 hours at a time. :mad:

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I used to like Candace but I think she's gotten farther and farther "out there" in recent months.

8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

In todays world it would just be too long a rant.

Mary Stetler and Krystal Shay like this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Registered

Maybe you could stream Roku from Frontier internet?

Von Jones likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yes, we can stream with any internet provider with sufficient speeds. We don't like streaming as our main TV, though. Too much "hunting and pecking" through multiple menus to try to find something instead of just changing the channel.

I recently dropped Hulu and changed our Netflix account to the cheapest one (with ads). Streaming is our last choice when looking for something to watch.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, at least we know what's happening now.

"HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Houston police arrested a man who they said knocked out internet service to 30,000 customers while stealing copper wiring.

Bill Baker, who has also gone by the name John Williams, according to court records, is currently in jail for several charges, including damaging critical infrastructure. The 50-year-old was out on bond during the incident, leading prosecutors to file a motion asking the judge to deny his bond.

Court records state that more than 400 feet of cable was found on the ground in the 500 block of Atascocita Road in Humble. Surveillance video at a nearby convenience store helped link Baker to the crime, according to Houston police.

As a result of the crime, Comcast Xfinity and Brightspeed customers lost internet service. Among those who faced an outage were two 911 call centers and several hospitals and clinics, according to officials. The service was restored within a day."

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Jake put out some rye seed yesterday to replace some of the grass the feral dogs,' not feral really ,they are worse than that this month.' Foxy and Leo destroyed.
    Today he let the hens in the yard and they ate the seed.:oops:
    We both forgot but since it wasn't lightly covered the wild birds brave enough to risk the dogs were munching down too.
    Mistakes are easier to make for us old people, but harder to fix.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

This past year I have lost too much weight, Being diabetic I have to work out if I eat, well just being a hiuman excavator isn't getting it. i stopped lifting weights since I've ben in the woods so much and I lost way too much not eating many carbs.
    I didn't realize how much till I saw a picture of myself at daugghters house and somebody put it on Facebook.
    I didn't need my BIL who hates me to like it but till I saw the picture I didn't realize just how much.
    Reminds me of this funny song below, only instead of deep-fried doublewide version, I'm a wrinkled-up crinkle cut bony version of the gal I was before. When you lose weight guess what happens, that skin has to go somewhere so it just lays over on itself and bunches up.in layers.:mad::eek:.
    I need to change my avatar but I really don't need to be exposed to it too often.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

When did the skin on my arms get so thin??? Today is trash day so I was dragging the garbage can to the street for pickup. I remembered I had a cardboard box to put in, so I was trying to break down the box and it is quite windy today. As I was putting the box into the can, a gust of wind blew the can lid down and onto my left forearm, ripping the hide off in a couple of spots. :( It bled like a crime scene and there are two places where the skin just "peeled" back. So now that will be all nasty and purple for a few weeks. :confused: Stupid old age.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher , bless your heart. i understand about that. Then a dog who is trying to be sweet , paws and nails leave you a blood mess. One thing I made that does help -cut the bottom toe area off of socks. slip on fore arms, that help alot when thin skin is attacked.