Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Tic's are terrible this year, interfering with my vine excavating.:eek::mad:.

Jake got about 50 of the little devils off my slacks after going deep into forest to cut vines. He used duct tape to het the tiny little blood suckers.
    I've been having joint problems so hope it is not Lymm Disease.
    If I can't go into the woods I may lose it. I can't stand being in the house all day, and I need to also cut brush for Lasagna Garden, IF, we decide to start one.
    So far, I only found 2 attached to me this week.

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

A doctor and a dentist in my home town chose to move their practices to New Jersey because onerous Pennsylvania state regulations made it advantageous to do so.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Were they in the eastern part of the state? It may have only been a move of a few miles. And who woulda thunk that New Jersey would be the business-friendly choice?

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Our town refuses to do anything to promote growth in this tiny 35 years behind tinsel town. Sorry do you detect dissatisfaction in my reply - Bingo;)

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I realize businesses today try to find different ways to charge their customers to increase their revenue. A local bagel shop is charging their customers 10 cents to slice/cut their bagel in half if they don't put something on it.
    Granted most Bagels all filled with something like cream cheese, butter, chicken or egg salad, however there are bagels that are enjoyable plain. I myself will eat a salted bagel plain, to me it's like eating a soft pretzel, and I do cut it in half.
    Since a customer posted this on a local online neighborhood watch I think this bagel store instead of increasing their Revenue it's going to lose customers and decrease Revenue.

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe you should consider putting a small flock of Guinea fowl In the woods, I've read they love eating ticks. I've had two in the past the only downside is when they honk, they Can be loud, However, it is an alert to you that something is different in the area like a animal or person.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

tony we don't need any more animals to care for, but I am thinking of spraying some pants with permethrin, lots of people recommending this, although I don't like using chemicals, tics can be dangerous too.
    Video less than 2 minutes long but full of detail.

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

@Tony Page did you watch the short video I put up,what do you think?

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I use chemicals when I have to, to get rid of pesty bugs.
    I remember back in the seventies we had a lawn maintenance route and I used to spray customers shrubs with chlordane without wearing gloves or mask, I literally inhaled the stuff.
    Today I'm much more careful.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats when we were in-destructive. Now we realize we're not.

Tony Page likes this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I'm staying off the political rants, Jake said I'm heading for the gulag if I don't stop. No vines or trails there so I don't want to go.:D

12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Sounds like this is worth while trying, but I would check If there's any side effects.
    I would definitely spray a path or any area You are going to be in. Give it a day to work.
    And see how it works out.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I'm going to use it, not much time left to save some more trees from these vines, and I have to go thru lots of thick brush to get to them. over the years a got most of the ones easier to reach. I do have to watch for snakes but I've been doing that all my life.
    It has been raining or looking like rain. It is already going to be hot in the high 70s low 80s already.

Tony Page likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of those little blurbs that show up on my facebook page everyday (I think it was the Dr. Greger one) said that ticks do not like people who have been eating garlic, so this might be worth a try, too. And garlic is one of those foods that has a lot of health benefits, and is easy to add some form of it into most meals somewhere.
    The article said that it does not seem to stop mosquitoes, but that it works on ticks.

Tony Page and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Jake will spray it on my thick pants, then pull socks up around the bottom, I'll let the pants dry and air out for a couple days ,thats what one of the videos I watched said to do.