Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I drove to the next-furthest Tractor Supply store to buy some stuff my local store was out of, and went to a Mexican place for lunch. I got my salsa & chips, I picked up the bottle of hot sauce to add some kick to it, I shook it, and the top came off and hot sauce flew everywhere. (This bottle has a relatively wide mouth to it.) Some a$$hole kid [I assume] unscrewed the top and then just set it back on the bottle, similar to what they do with salt shakers so the top comes off and all the salt dumps on your food.

There was sauce all over my shirt, my jeans, the table, the window, the bench, etc etc etc. Friggin' urchins.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Be thankful it didn't get into your eyes.o_O

3. John Brunner

We need to institute public caning.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Whilst it might have been a prankster who did the deed, in my book it was up to whomever was responsible for that table to check the condiments and clean the bottles at reset.
    As a guest at a restaurant, there are some things I will overlook like crumbs on the floor and such directly after or during a rush but table cleanliness and settings are a couple of my pet peeves.

If it were up to me, the meal would have been comped and the bus or waiter would have gotten their butts chewed out and given extra prep work for a day consisting of cleaning and filling all the condiments for each table in the restaurant.

5. John Brunner

I used to eat there pretty frequently pre-COVID. One of the owners would often sit at my booth and we'd chat about his side business of raising cattle and his most recent land acquisitions. Had he been there, I'm sure I would not have paid for my meal. But there was no real adult supervision yesterday. I wonder if the business has been sold.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, in today’s internet world, a kid would have video’d you complaining, swore you did it on purpose and put the vid on tik-tok for likes.

7. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

The folks protesting Israel have shown their true, MASKED, selves for being the cowardly terrorists they truly are. Yes, of course there is a point about death, unnecessary death BUT this issue always MASKED their true intent of Intifada. They are dangerous to all and must be stopped within our nation, and particularly my city.

8. Mary Stetler

Registered

Biden is taking our confiscated Russian funds and is handing them to Ukraine while a nuclear sub is 30 miles off the coast of Florida! He has done nothing about the invasion of illegals. He won't do anything about your Hamas terrorists.
    I hope Putin can keep up his restraint until Trump gets elected. Biden has flushed all our defense funds and equipment, not to mention our energy reserves hoping to force the green agenda.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This. The absolute most worrisome things about what Biden has done.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I'm somewhere in the middle on that one. In my opinion, Israel had and has every right to respond to unprovoked attacks however they see fit, and I would expect the response to be messy, given that they are not fighting a uniformed army. I think much of the criticism that we're hearing of Israel has more to do with antisemitism than true compassion for the Palestinians. Some people seem to welcome any excuse to let their antisemitic feelings come to the forefront. At the same time, it's not our war. We should support them as we would any other ally. Israel is not a poor nation, so we shouldn't be paying for their war, but selling them arms is reasonable, as would positioning our forces to be able to be an effective ally in the case of another attack. It also amuses me, while at the same time, it sickens me to realize that so many of the people who are protesting in support of Hamas would be thrown off of a building if they were to move to Palestine.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I ordered a stoneware 8x8" baking dish from Amazon. The package arrived today (photo evidence of box on my porch posted by Amazon driver.) Unfortunately, the box contains a hardback copy of a book called "Kite Runner" and no baking dish. o_O Yes, it was addressed to me and no, I didn't order it.

upload_2024-6-17_17-52-4.jpeg

I contacted Amazon's customer service and was sent a label to return the "dish." I asked the agent if she noted on my account that I am NOT returning a dish; she said she did. I'm supposed to get the replacement dish tomorrow. Let's see how aggravating this will turn out to be.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024 at 6:52 PM
  12. Mary Stetler

Registered

I believe Kite Runner actually was a good story.:rolleyes:

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. John Brunner

For all the volume that they do, I've never had a picking error. I have had one with Walmart, with whom I do much less business.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Maybe. But I can't bake a cake in it.

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I don't recall ever having a picking error from Amazon, either. Which is not to say that it hasn't happened... I just don't remember. :p

Mary Stetler likes this.