Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The pain in my leg causes me to get up several times a night to sleep in recliner, then couch...Fortunately, it coordinates with going to pee.:) I drink coffee all day. But I nap when I need to. A couple hours in the afternoon, generally. I don't think it is odd for older folks to sleep differently than they did earlier. I sleep well, when I do it. I take multi types of magnesium and I think that helps.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Have you tried leg stretches before bed @Mary Stetler?

Tony Page likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Registered

Moving the leg at all is excruciating. Stretching, lifting, tryiing to roll over, anythinging. I will say that just standing is better than getting up after sitting.
    I am really good on one leg:rolleyes:

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Massage therapy?

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Registered

Been there, done that got the t-shirt. Been at this 8 years.
    I am trying a new therapy tomorrow although the therapist says he doesn't think it will help.
    Lidocaine patches help a little. But You are only supposed to use one a day.

Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Acupuncture?

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm ranting on something great! I slept nine hours last night, nine hours! Yes, again after waking up at midnite I took a Xanax to help me and I obviously was not let down! Nine hours! Bliss, total bliss!

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is awesome, @Lulu Moppet , and I am glad to hear that you are sleeping better. It is possible that this will change your body’s sleeping habits so that you can get better sleep and not need medication for that.
    Both Bobby and I take melatonin about a half hour before bed, and it helps us sleep better. I also take magnesium at night, sonce that it supposed to help a person sleep, and I need it anyway for my heart.

Mary Stetler and Tony Page like this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Registered

Didn't help. Neither did injections, chiro, physical therapy...

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Interestingly, I saw miracles in Japan with acupuncture. If you remember, Nixon witnessed abdominal surgery with no anesthesia other than acupuncture. The miracle I saw was a woman with severe rheumatoid arthritis. The acupuncturist came to visit and her pain mysteriously vanished. I was shocked, so I asked the practitioner about her practice and she told me she visited this woman about every 2 weeks. Her pain would start to return, but after treatment, the pain was gone for another 2 weeks. i asked her if she could do the same thing in the U.S. and she told me, "No, I had to study for 5 years but I have no medical degree, so I cannot practice in the U.S. An M.D. or even a Chiropractor can take a couple weeks of study and do acupuncture, but it is not what I can do." Go figure.

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  11. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I am happy with Xanax. Really pleased. Unfortunately, the clinic I am attached to now has a policy of weaning folks off of Xanax. At first I was angry, but now I'm just taking things day by day. They cut out one pill a month till it's zero.

I'll find another source for Xanax if I need it. For me, it works wonders. Thanks for the advice (((Yvonne)))

12. Mary Stetler

Registered

One of my renters was an accupuncturist who worked with the military in Hawaii to see how effective it could be.
    She moved to WISCONSIN:eek: to be with family after the studies.
    I went weekly for a couple of months but no dice.
    Of course there are practitioners that are brilliant and then down the spectrum in every pursuit.

13. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

If all else fails, I will DIE of TECH STRESS, I just spent about 1 hr trying to talk to a pharmacist at CVS where I've been getting my 2 meds for about 20 yrs........FINALLY, thru ways I had to make up got someone..............It's AP this Ap that, AP AP AP AP....

Suppliers could give a Flying F about us they don't care.......

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

That does seem to be true @Joy Martin. I have a brother-in-law who is now a retired pharmacist, and he said that he had no training on giving injections or vaccines, and suddenly all the vaccine nonsense has been taken away form doctor's offices and public health folks and placed on pharmacists who already had too much to do. Pharmacies are also having a difficult time finding qualified personnel who are drug-free in states that have legalized cannabis. As I understand it, the FDA does not allow people to be hired who have a positive drug test, even if it is legal under state law. Not only cannabis, but benzos and ADHD drugs. The American health system has really crashed , especially since the ACA was passed. Pelosi said, "We have to pass it to see what is in it." (since nobody voting on it had read the bill) No we are seeing the results of what was in it.

15. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

When I spent all that time TRYING to talk to someone, one of the prompts was Covid. info, scheduling, etc...EVIL STUFF....