Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

It's not sneaky to me though. I expect it. I do get disappointed when the price has drastically increased on something I usually buy at the grocery store. @Don Alaska made a couple of good points which is what I have been doing for a while now. Buying two with one half off helps in that area.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree. I keep up with weekly sales nowadays, and if there's a deal on something I use a lot, I buy some spares. I also never miss a sale on meat.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I keep a bag of miniature candy bars around to have after meals, and I just realized that we no longer have candy wrappers in the literal sense of the word, we have candybar bags that are about 1/3 longer than the contents.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Bobby’s bedroom clock does the same thing. Spring and fall, it automatically changes when it is programmed to do, and totally unrelated to the date we do it here in the US.
    The same thing happened to us as to you this spring.
    We had daylight savings earlier this year, and the clock had not changed, so Bobby went ahead and set it. Then, a week or so ago, it decided that it was time for the reset, and set itself another hour ahead, so then Bobby had to get it back to where it is supposed to be.
    I am thankful that the clock is his responsibility……

5. John Brunner

Here is a Wiki article listing DST by country, where it's observed.
    (China has not observed DST since 1991.)

These are the different dates & times where DST begins in the northern hemisphere:

Second Sunday in March at 0:00
    Second Sunday in March at 2:00 (includes U.S. and most of Canada)
    Friday before last Sunday in March at 2:00
    Last Thursday in March at 0:00
    Last Sunday in March at 1:00 UTC (includes the EU and the UK)
    Last Sunday in March at 2:00 (2 obscure countries)
    Last Friday in April at 0:00
    Last Saturday in April at 2:00

It seems as though our problematic clocks are programmed for the last Sunday in March. I did not scroll all the way through the languages. Maybe there's a USA choice in addition to ENglish.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Spent nearly 6 hours at the ER today. :mad::mad::mad: Boring recap in diary thread.

7. John Brunner

I mentioned in my Urodynamic thread that I had to chase down a compounding pharmacy (one that actually mixes the drugs) to get a script filled for an antibiotic catheter/bladder flush. It has been (and continues to be) a goat rodeo.

-Walmart initially received the script, realized the could not fill it, so deleted it out of their system without notifying anyone
    -Neither Walmart nor CVS nor Walgreens nor any compounding pharmacy "near" me could fill the script
    -I ended up going to a pharmacy near my urologist, 40 miles from home
    -They operate on a goofy text system (will not answer the phone or return calls) that left me uncertain as to whether they received my OK to proceed with my order
    -I called them to verify that my order was proceeding, and I was told it would be compounded at their other location...70 miles from home.
    -I received a text on a Friday afternoon: "Your order is ready to pick up." But pick up where??? I called and had to leave a voice mail message, and they never called me back. I replied to the text and they never responded.
    -I rolled the dice and drove to the far-away location, which was the only location open on Saturday.
    -They had my order there, and the guy offered to put it on auto-refill to ship to my home.
    I thought I was good-to-go.

It's time for my first refill. I was at my urologist's today, and because of the to-date goat rodeo, I drove up the road to the nearby location to verify that everything is OK (and to ask why they show 24 refills when my doctor only ordered 4.)
    -The woman at the counter told me their system can't do auto-refills :mad:
    -The woman at the counter told me that they do not ship to people's homes :mad:
    Keep in mind that they custom-mix this stuff...it is not sitting on the shelf in a bottle as pills are. There is a manufacturing lead time.

So had I not gone there in person, I would be waiting for the UPS guy to deliver my meds that are never gonna arrive. No one called me when they tried to put that refill order in to tell me that they don't operate that way. And no one answers their damned phone or returns calls or returns texts for me to verify that things are on track or that my refill is actually in process.

I am so livid. If this flush does the trick, I am going to be engaged in this mess every single month, forever.

I am searching to find a way to contact the owner.

8. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

*Livid, I can appreciate feeling that way John, what a frustration for you, I'd be feeling similar for sure...

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

*Livid, I can appreciate feeling that way John, what a frustration for you, I'd be feeling similar for sure..

John Brunner likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

What is the concentration of gentamicin @John Brunner ? Perhaps your Rx would work here or your doctor could ask a vet to prescribe for your "horse".o_O

11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Repetitive noise doesn't usually bother me unless it last more than an hour or so. Leaf blowers, barking dogs, and windchimes were the only ones. Until this week....

This has been going on from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm for 4 days now, except at lunch time. I keep thinking it will stop, so I haven't bothered to find out where it's coming from. And it wouldn't matter anyway.

In case anyone forgot the sound:

After a few hours of this I want to throw things. At night I imagine I'm hearing it.

The New York State Department of Health concluded that back-up beepers were completely ineffective: “Often, people who work near back-up beepers have become accustomed to their sound and desensitized to their use as warning signals.”

source: Back-up Beepers - Noise Free America

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  12. John Brunner

Neigh.

I'm not sure what the concentration is. My records state "Mix 50 CC of sterile water with 2cc of
    gentamicin. Gentamicin 40 mg/mL solution (gentamicin) Instill 2ml into bladder via catheter every 3 days." If I read the horse stuff correctly, it's 100mg/mL, making it about twice the concentration. If that's the case, the price-per-dose for the 250ml bottle is about what I'm paying for now. Maybe I'll ask the girl at Tractor Supply. They have a horse medication area, and she was real helpful when I was looking for a boom pole...and I buy all my horse paste there. ;)

As an aside, I found the Managing Partner's name on the pharmacy website, and I'm writing a letter to him. The folks at the other branch are horribly frustrated with that location, and told me the only way for me to talk to a human there would be to call the branch store and have them do an internal phone transfer.

The next time I see my UVA nephrologist, I'll push him to give me help in finding a way to have UVA compound this for me, although such a path may not be any more functional than the one I'm currently on. I may go back to the branch location and see if I can get them to supply the gentamicin unmixed so I can do it at home. That is what the nurse showed me, and it's how my doctor wrote the script. The pharmacy takes it upon themselves to do the premix. edit to add: perhaps they are reading the patient instructions on the prescription on how to mix it, and are taking it as their direction from my doctor.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I will re-hang my analogue clock. I took it down with all the appliances with clocks glowing in them.:mad:

14. John Brunner

Worthless Amazon Delivery Drivers

I have 2 packages coming from Amazon. One said it was delivered today (cargo pants), "On front porch by door." Nope. Not there. A few minutes ago my neighbor called me. "There's a bag with a shirt or something in it draped across your mailbox (way at the end of my right-of-way.) Do you want me to bring it down to you?"

Worthless Amazon delivery drivers. I hope that my package tomorrow makes it to my house.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

oh my that is bad

John Brunner likes this.