Anyone Have Weekend Plans?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, May 8, 2015.

1. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Rainy and cold all weekend and today too. Guess a good mystery novel is in my future.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Oracle May

Oracle May Veteran Member
    Registered

I also work from home, so I know how difficult it can be to take some time off. I am also always promising myself I will take time off, but there is always a little more to do. I have so many other things I need and want to do around my home, but need the time. It seems as though I have reached my goal this week, so I can take some time off this weekend. I will most likely still work for an hour or two, but I am going to have a lovely weekend getting those things done I have been putting off for some time now! I will most likely also do a bit of reading and watch a movie. It is really cold here at the moment, so I won't be venturing out.

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Saturday here at the campgrounds and just about all the working people are here. Going to be great weather for a couple days, although nights still chilly. We are in a small resort town and something is always going on, on weekends. This weekend, it is Wizard of Oz week in the small town next to us. A couple of original small people, that were in the film, come to be in parade. Most folks dress up and a good time is had by all.

We have a amusement park that dates back to the 1800s. Use to be a lot of beautiful hotels here, back then, as the railroad was the best way to get here. Tons of history in the area. Google Sylvan Beach, NY for the whole story.
    Dave