Anyone Interested In The Alec Baldwin Murder Trial

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 2, 2024.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I burnt out on that kind of humor the day after the Challenger shuttle disaster, and there were already dark jokes going around about it. I may have joined in in the past, but for some reason that cured me of it forever.

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  2. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Know what you mean, takes the funny right out, and makes me think about the ones who lost their life. I remember when that happened to the challenger. Seems long ago now, so many things have changed since then.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

Coming up on 40 years ago.

Jake Smith likes this.
  4. Jake Smith

Registered

Time waits for no one. It's flying by, I remember what Mama told me right soon before she passed; son the older I get, the faster time passes.

What do you think they will do to Alec, in this trial? Think he will buy his way out of it, or serve time?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think he will be found not guilty. The jury will decide that he's not the expert; the woman who was convicted was. An actor who is not a gun person would likely take the expert's word that a gun is not loaded with live ammo. That's the expert's job. It's not an actor's fault that an incompetent coke head was hired.

6. John Brunner

I would agree that an actor who is handed a gun on a movie set has no duty to inspect it, since many lack the qualifications and there would be no real reason to check it. But there may be culpability if Baldwin hired the woman and/or was in charge while the overtly unsafe stuff was going on (target shooting and/or drugs), especially if he observed it, and even more so if he was participating in it.

And these are the assholes who lecture the rest of us...

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It could be if he hired her or pushed her to relax standards, as he was not just an actor; he was the producer. I'm not saying he'll be found guilty. More likely, he'll be found innocent because he's part of the elite, and someone else has already taken the fall for him.

8. Jake Smith

Registered

In New Mexico, as in many states, involuntary manslaughter is defined as killing another person unlawfully but unintentionally.

With two different counts of involuntary manslaughter, but he can only be convicted of one. The more serious one, a felony, accuses him of “total disregard or indifference for the safety of others,” while the other accuses him of the negligent use of a firearm.

Hours before the shooting, about six members of the camera crew walked off the set over working conditions, according to an affidavit, including complaints about long workdays and delayed paychecks, according to people involved in the production.

Mr. Baldwin, who is scheduled to stand trial in July. If convicted, Mr. Baldwin, 65, could also face up to 18 months in prison.

[​IMG]

Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer for “Rust,” was killed in the shooting. Credit...Fred Hayes/Getty Images.

She grew up on a Soviet military base in the Arctic Circle.

[​IMG]

https://www.nytimes.com › article › alec-baldwin-shooti...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You never point a gun at anyone If he is found not guilty, it will be because he is a Democrat donor and a celebrity. If I stab someone, I would be guilty even if I didn't intend to do so and I was an expert in knives.

Ken Anderson and Jake Smith like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

"Mr. Baldwin is scheduled to stand trial in July. If convicted, Mr. Baldwin, 65, could also face up to 18 months in prison." :rolleyes: Why even bother with an expensive trial? I think the girl's parents should file a civil lawsuit.

11. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, you never point a gun at anyone - in real life. A movie is not real life. In movies, guns have to be pointed at people all the time. But there are safety precautions in place so nothing bad happens. Those safety precautions are the responsibil9ity of the armorers on the set. That's what they're being paid for.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  12. Jake Smith

Registered

I think they have, this was in the link I put up above.

Prosecutors have indicated that he can only be convicted on one of these theories, not both. If convicted, he faces up to 18 months in prison.

An attorney representing Ms Hutchins' family said it was "looking forward to the criminal trial".

"Our clients have always sought the truth about what happened on the day that Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed," Gloria Allred said in a statement.

"They continue to seek the truth in our civil lawsuit for them and they also would like there [sic] to be accountability in the criminal justice system."

Mr Baldwin - who has expressed "shock and sadness" at Ms Hutchins' death - said in recent court filings that he has struggled to find acting work since the incident.

"I can't believe what he said," in recent court filings; he struggled to find acting work since the incident. o_O

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  13. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

The armorer was supposed to protect the weapons, but the producer did probably hire one based on money instead of experience and safety.
    Several of them act guilty in one way or the other. I agree about the elite and money.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

According to actors i have heard interviewed on this point, they never point a gun at anyone even in the movies. Camera angles are used to make it appear that the weapons are pointed at others when in fact they are not. Even in the video you posted, it appears to me he is shooting over the heads of the other actors even with blanks. Blanks have killed several actors in the past. In any case, Baldwin wasn't filming when he killed the woman; he was horsing around and casually pointing a weapon at another. If you do that with any weapon, I wouldn't want to be around, and I don't tolerate it in others, even with toy guns.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  15. John Brunner

That is what I came here to ask. In my book, he just lost any protection that "making a movie" may have afforded.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.