Anyone Interested In The Alec Baldwin Murder Trial

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Who knows; his contributions as part of the Hollywood elite are waning, so maybe they'll sacrifice him after all.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Yup. Sacrifice him to the Gun Control Gods. At worse, it's only an 18 month sentence. The likely outcome would be to find him guilty and give him a token sentence...if any. Then send him out on the "Unsafe In Any Hands" tour.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    Jake Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just to quote reports, Baldwin was rehearsing the draw from the shoulder holster when the accident happened.

4. Tony Nathanson

Registered

As a competitive shooter, I can say there is NO way to know where you are shooting when shooting from the hip, without using the sights, and fanning the revolver for dramatic effect. (fanning is cocking the hammer with the heel of the other hand to shoot faster as actors often do). With live ammo or blanks, fanning would move the gun's barrel way off target. It only works in movie fantasy - along with those guns that shoot hundreds of rounds & never need to be reloaded. Or that tiny pocket pistol that picks off a guy from 300 yards.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You have a general idea of where you are shooting though. If you don't, you would be hitting targets far to the left or right. You may not be able to hit a target shooting from the hip at any distance, but you should have a general idea if you are trying it.

6. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Moment Alec Baldwin accidentally shot and killed Halyna Hutchins on set recreated by her family

The family of a cinematographer killed during filming of the Western "Rust" filed a wrongful death suit against actor Alec Baldwin and others on Tuesday, claiming they disregarded several industry-wide practices meant to keep movie sets safe.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. John Brunner

I'm not sure what value a recreation on the part of those who were not there has,unless it was guided by witnesses. But we all knew that civil action would be coming. I think the suit was filed last month.

I watched the recreation and cringed. It reminded me of the stack of silhouette targets I have kicking around. I shot at one of them a couple of times, and it made me feel uncomfortable. I did not like the idea of desensitizing myself by shooting at a replica of a human being.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I think the real purpose of re-creations is the effect they have on a jury. After viewing a re-creation, jury members are likely to feel (although they know otherwise) that they have witnessed the event.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

Yup. It's fabricating evidence. I've watched crime shows where the prosecution has used animation of the event and thought the same thing. There are aspects of our criminal justice system I really loathe.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

These guys and gals aren't fanning, but they definitely can hit what they are shooting for from the hip:

11. Tony Nathanson

Registered

It is obvious from the low noise & lack of recoil that these guns are not shooting live ammo. For safety, these events use wax bullets with custom light loads that use little or no powder.

12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It says that in the video, but still means they can hit their target shooting from the hip. Hollywood folks shouldn't be using "real" ammo either, but apparently they do on Alec Baldwin movie sets, at least part of the time.

13. John Brunner

Judge tosses Alec Baldwin's involuntary manslaughter case amid trial in stunning victory for actor

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...ughter-case-amid-trial-stunning-victory-actor

SANTE FE, N.M. - A Santa Fe judge Friday dismissed the involuntary manslaughter case against Alec Baldwin for the fatal shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film "Rust" after ruling that the prosecution concealed evidence from his legal team.

The third full day of the trial in the First Judicial District Court opened with defense attorney Luke Nikas accusing the state of withholding evidence that prop distributor Seth Kenney was the source of the live ammunition.

The move prompted Santa Fe Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer to send the jury home so she could hold an 11th hour hearing, which led to lead prosecutor Kari Morrissey calling herself as a witness.

"I decided not to take any steps to collect this ammunition because it was in Arizona, had never come to New Mexico and didn't match the live rounds on the set of ‘Rust,'" Morrissey testified.

The defense team argued investigators and prosecutors concealed evidence related to the source of ammunition linked to the accidental shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film "Rust" in 2021.

Armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed was convicted of loading a live round into a revolver, which Baldwin fired, killing Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

During her trial on March 6, retired police officer Troy Teske, a family friend of Gutierrez Reed's father, walked into the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office and delivered a collection of rounds to crime scene technician Marissa Poppell.

He said the rounds came from Kenney and matched the bullet that killed Hutchins.

Poppell admitted Friday at the hearing that she didn't inventory the evidence from Teske under the "Rust" case, but instead under a different case number. The defense also didn't receive a supplemental report on the new evidence.

Santa Fe County Sheriff's Corporal Alexendria Hancock, the lead investigator on the case admitted this decision was made in consultation with prosecutors and her supervisors.

"Okay. So you, you all had discussions about what to do with what he dropped off?" asked Judge Marlowe Sommer.

"Yes," she replied.

"And you all agreed to put it in the separate file?" the judge pressed. "Yes," she answered. The evidence was also not stored with the other evidence for the case, she said.

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

They found a way to not prosecute even a murder/manslaughter case against a big Dem contributor. Who would have guessed?

Lee Brown and John Brunner like this.
  15. Tony Nathanson

Registered

I knew way back that the only person who would be convicted was the "professional" person responsible - that moron cokehead Hannah.
    Actors are not expected to be gun experts - or even have much gun knowledge.

John Brunner likes this.