Anyone Interested In The Alec Baldwin Murder Trial

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 2, 2024.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's not only that, but they are on a movie set with a prop handed to them. Those of us who have actually shot firearms would be more cautious than some actor, but since it's only pretend, I don't know what my frame of mind would be. I can tell you that if there were people on set screwing around with prop guns and live ammo, I'd walk off the job. My life is not worth a paycheck. Nor would I want to witness what happened there.

Tony Nathanson likes this.
  2. Lee Brown

Lee Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah. It's called a technicality. Doesn't mean he's innocent. Just means the prosecutor screwed up.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. John Brunner

I wonder if the gov't can refile charges...and if they will.

4. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Since the trial had already started, maybe the "Double Jeopardy" rule might apply?

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Years ago, I worked in retail firearms & instruction. The same thing happened - without tragic results.
    In the retail store, we had dummy rounds used to instruct customers & students on loading/unloading/checking both single action, double action revolvers and autos. I noticed the dummy rounds were kept loosely in the same drawer as live rounds. I suggested to the idiot manager that was a bad idea & he responded, "Oh, don't be so paranoid." While I was out on my lunch break, a salesman was showing a customer the procedure & he demonstrated that a dummy round wouldn't fire by pulling the trigger (luckily pointed in a safe direction). The gun fired. The .380 bullet destroyed the stock on a fancy $4,000.00 rifle & a display case.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If the charges were dropped, they can be refiled. If he had gone to trial and been found Not Guilty, then Double Jeopardy would apply even if they discovered evidence that he had deliberately intended to kill the woman.

Tony Nathanson and John Brunner like this.
  7. John Brunner

I'm an NRA Instructor, although I've never taught a class. You know how it works: you take the classes to be certified as an Instructor, and then you take classes in whatever subjects you want to teach. (Just getting my Instructor Certificate was kind of a bucket list thing for me.) I've also been very active in a number of gun rights groups.

In all these years, I have encountered only a couple of people like that manager. That's probably because there are so many responsible folks around to have the conversation that you tried to have with him, so that eventually they get set straight.

Being around all the people in The Community for all these years has elevated my opinion of the average man and woman on the street significantly. The experience also made it a whole lot easier to spot those I want to keep my distance from. We can both imagine the childishness and arrogance that were on that movie set.

Tony Nathanson and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Lee Brown

Lee Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

No they can't. The judge dismissed the case with prejudice, which means the gov't can't try him again for this...in any court.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I didn't realize he had dismissed with prejudice. I guess the judge was in the pocket of the defense.

10. John Brunner

Has there been mention of a Civil suit yet?