Anyone Remember?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Patsy Faye, May 14, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chris Ladewig - sounds good Chris - would like to have seen that one

2. Rachel Rodarte

Rachel Rodarte Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to love watching American Bandstand, every Saturday, while cleaning my room, I would watch it, dance along with the music. Back in Texas they had a show call 4:30 Hop, it was like American Bandstand, or maybe it was American Bandstand. Then when we moved here to California is when I started with American Bandstand, do you remember The Lloyd Thaxton Show?

"The Lloyd Thaxton Show, a live music entertainment show from Los Angeles in the vein of Dick Clark's American Bandstand. Thaxton's show was a wacky hour of dancing high school teenagers, skits, and comedy by Thaxton, and musical features by the top pop, rock, folk and country artists of the day. Originally called Lloyd Thaxton's Hop, The Lloyd Thaxton Show, which launched on KCOP-TV in late 1961, would go into national syndication in 1964 and become the highest rated musical entertainment program in the U.S. for the next 3 years. In 1967, after more than 2000 episodes, Thaxton retired the show and ventured into other programs and part"

3. Rachel Rodarte

Rachel Rodarte Veteran Member
    Registered

I also like Mary Tyler Moore show, one I don't care for were the Brady bunch, we watched it because there was nothing else to watch. Back in the day when we only had about 4 channels, the majority of my time was watching cartoons, or I was outside playing. Sundays were the worst, because there nothing on TV, someone mentioned the Lawrence Welk show, sometimes my parents would watch but, my mother would watch her Mexican station. Now we have so many channel and movies to pick from, and half of them we don't ever use.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw most of the ones mentioned, except the mule one.

I also remember Bachelor Father, The Patty Duke Show, Dr Kildare and Ben Casey, Bonanza, Dennis the Menace,
    The Farmers Daughter ( think the actress committed suicide), Father Knows Best (a favorite), Gidget,
    Leave it to Beaver, Dobie Gillis, Hazel, My Three Sons and on and on....

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That Girl, My Three Sons, and The Beverly Hillbillies.

6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Love that era of television. The Andy Griffith show andThe Dick van Dyke show are among my favorites. I sort of wanted to be Rose Marie so I could be funny plus sing. I knew I wasn't thin enough to be Mary. How about the Ed Sullivan show??

Patsy Faye likes this.