Are You Comfortable Around Guns?

Discussion in 'Guns & Weapons' started by Don Alaska, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Veteran Member
    Registered

I grew up with guns, too. But, all my guns have been given away or sold. Well, not quite true, I still have a BB Gun in the garage somewhere.

2. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Well-Known Member
    Registered

When I lived in California, my boyfriend loved to go out to the desert early in the morning and shoot rattlesnakes and as a result I got pretty good at killing them as well. Later on, another boyfriend in Texas had a ton of weapons to choose from and we would go almost every weekend and target shoot and trap shooting.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have never met anyone that was really a serious shooter that was not a good person, same for fishing. I mean seriously into it not the every now and then types, I am in my 70's and still try to shoot at least 300+ rounds a week in practice, used to shoot 500 every week. Between shooting, fishing, my dogs and neighbor that describes my life here. Just today I have had 2 calls both from shooting friends just calling we check on each other daily, usually shoot 2 times a week and also fish every week all year long.

Ken Anderson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last Sat was our big monthly pistol match one of our main club officials got to feeling ill and went to hospital and was CV positive so our match cancelled as some had been with him on a practice session Wednesday we have all involved in quarantine for 2 weeks then retest 2 weeks more and retest again. To come back we take no chances there. Has to have proof of test also. Our club has a max of 750 members with a 3 year plus waiting list to join and been this way many years. I had not been around any of them in over a month!
    Next month if all is ok is our pistol and carbine match every other month rotated. About 150 rounds avg. With the current ammo shortages it will effect some for sure but most of the regulars saw all this coming in Feb and planned well for it, I sure did so thankfully, we shoot lots of ammo, I also cast bullets and reload and have all my adult life. Also December will be our toys for tots drive match as in years past.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Veteran Member
    Registered

@Tex Dennis

Looked in vain on line and in stores for some .22 Short ammunition. My friend in Missouri just sent me a box, shipped from Natchez. Amazing.

Frank

6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

To be honest, I would feel UNCOMFORTABLE if I knew there was NOT a loaded gun in my house.

Hal