Back Braces

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Anybody here use 'em?

What about Dr. Ho's Decompression Back Brace?

For the past 2 years I've had lower back pain that requires me to sit after being on my feet for awhile. When we go to Home Shows or County Fairs, I take my Walker, which also has a seat.

Thanks,
    Hal
    81YZgLwVgqL._SX522_.jpg

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wore a brace for some months after I broke my back and after surgery, but I got rid of it as soon as I could. I used walkers and even wheelchairs for a while, but got rid of those, too. I now use a trekking stick for those times when I will be on my feet for long periods as it helps keep me upright and reduces pain. Of course, I no longer can go on really long hikes, but I can attend home shows and fairs with no problem. As a back up, I also sometimes carry a foldable backpacking stool that permits me to sit when I need to if there are no seats around. I have also discovered that good shoes or boots help dramatically.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Working District Maintenance for Sears, there were about 10 of us in the group, doing facilities work in AZ, TX, and NM, our boss called us together one day and presented us with back brace belts, courtesy of "Chicago" (everything was Chicago, an Army of Corporate honchos there). I tried it for awhile, quit, it made my back hurt!\
    Frank

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a wrap-around waist back brace, given to me by an emergency medical place (not hospital ER), after I lifted something wrong on the job and had to go there. It's the same type of brace I sometimes see older employees at Home Depot or Lowes using.

A few years ago, after I fell at a Halloween Party and injured my foot, we bought me a descent wheelchair for at home. When we went to a convention, we took the wheelchair with us in our vehicle. Wife and I took turns using it while at the convention. There was a lot of walking around. Still have the wheelchair.

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

We tried one of those walkers with the seat for my father. It was impossible for him to turn around and sit in it without considerable help. I think those are only good if you don't really need the walker that much. Someone needs to invent one of those where you don't have to turn around to sit down.