Back Problems

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Have you ever made something and never used it and sometime later found you need it.

I made a table/bed that can be put in any position. I made this some six/seven years ago just in case someone had a back problem that needed it. Well my father in-law had an injury when he was young a mule kick him in the back causing damage to his lower back. As the years went by his back problem got worse to a point the doctors told him that in time he might need a wheel chair.
    So got out the table and fed him gelatin to rebuild the discs. First week we went 30 degrees on the table second week 45 degrees and now have kept it there. In another month we probably go 60 degrees. My father in-law is 55 years old and in two months he has re-grown ΒΌ of an inch in height and all pain has gone away and works every day. I was getting cramps in my toes and sometimes in bed would have my calf muscles cramp. Thinking it might have been a lack of magnesium but after adding more to my diet with little help I started using the table and after the first day all cramps have gone away.

Slant table.jpg Slant table 1.jpg

2. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

Great idea, I've read a little bit about inversion therapy it's supposed to be good for a variety of health problems. Check out YouTube, if you haven't yet, they have several videos about the pros and cons of inversion therapy, spinal stretching, etc...

My solution for leg cramps is to place an unwrapped bar of Ivory soap under the covers at the foot of the bed. If I feel the cramps coming on I find the bar of soap with my foot and massage it around for a few seconds, no cramps. I don't understand it and my PCP doesn't understand it but it works for me. It is much nicer than hobbling around cursing for a few minutes until a cramp relaxes.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beatrice Taylor - I'll have a look for that soap, I would put it on before bed :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Martin Alonzo - so pleased to hear your idea has worked !
    I thought you meant an adjustable table that you have your tea on etc, my husband adjusted one of these, the feet slide under the bed
    and the top is used to keep the covers off me legs at night. As its adjustable, we could get the right height.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The table can be put at any angle there is a pulley on the ceiling to adjust it to any angle. Even just putting a 2x4 under the foot of your bed could change the angle you sleep at. That would stretch your spine 8 hours a day.

Bobby Cole and Beatrice Taylor like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ouch - I'm a scaredy cat
    upload_2018-11-23_12-59-11.jpeg

Bobby Cole and Martin Alonzo like this.
  7. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

I have found the best thing ever for those foot, leg, calf and other extremity cramps. I saw it advertised on TV and thought why not try it. The soap things works a little for me ... the magnesium, potassium, calcium etc works sometimes but too much of those is not a good thing. So anyway ... I bought it, tried it and today .. after 8 months of using it .. I am still amazed.

It is called Theraworx Relief.

I paid about $15 for it and I would gladly pay $100 for it - it's that good !

It is a foam .. it's not sticky .. it doesn't smell bad .. there is no limit as to how often you can use it.

You can do it right before bedtime nightly as a preventative or use it as needed when you have a cramp or feel one coming on.

The relief is almost instant.

I took it to my Dr and showed her .. she said she doesn't understand why it works but has had several other patients claim the same results as me. It must a combo of the ingredients .. it is so worth the try.

I picked it up at my local drug store. Give it a try .. it even works on my husbands lower back when it begins to spasm .. I love this stuff !

Image1.jpg

8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad that's working for your F-I-L, Martin, but that would kill my back unfortunately..

I can't lie flat on my back for more than 5 minutes due to lower herniated disc problems, without my back stiffening in pain, and needing help to stand up. It's always a nightmare when I have to have CT and MRI scans, because my back just seizes up lying flat

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Holly discs are compressed that is why they herniate. Going head down suspended by your feel opens up the bones in the spine revealing the pressure on the discs so they can heal.When you are standing you compress the disc and when you are head down you take the pressure off the disc. Everything in your body is controlled through your spine. Spine discs.jpg images.jpg

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand that Martin, believe me, I've been through the hands of so many consultants, and physiotherapists and they've said the same, but I still can't lie on my back for more than a few minutes, nor on my stomach!!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Unfortunately Martin, remedies do not suit everyone, its very frustrating
    The table would do me harm as I have vertigo
    After 10 days of severe back, hips and leg pain, I tried a cushion from Amazon, that you put between your knees. As I have to
    sleep on one side, I thought this would be ideal as it realigns the spine. It was hell but - I will try a little longer as I may just have
    to get used to it. 11 nights now with little sleep :rolleyes:
    upload_2018-11-24_8-22-11.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

This is not a drug it is not a fly by night invention it is just science. If the problem in the back is caused by compression going the other way and slowly stretching it only makes sense. Spine problems.jpg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

It does make sense and if you can do it - you should

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I woke up in severe back pain today.I mean ..bending...walking...sitting g...I still hurt. Took two Aleve early this am...used heat..and ice. I have literally have done nothing today but watch tv, and try to make it to the bathroom. Using a cane even...I mean this is pain I don't remember ever having.
    Have no idea why I am hurting so bad ..but hope it goes away soon ! I even used Aspercreme. ...nothing is helping much:(

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like when my back spasms. Muscle relaxants help but They're prescription.

Also, if it's a back spasm, sometimes Xanax can help but again it's prescription and a controlled one at that.