Barbara Bush Wanted To Commit Suicide

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Holly Saunders, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I had post partum depression after my second son was born. It is a deep, dark place to be. Thankfully, it only lasted three months. I was afraid to even tell anybody for fear they would think I was crazy. Nobody had ever heard of post partum depression back then. Then I woke up one morning, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and the world was beautiful again. Oddly enough, I didn't have it after my daughter was born.

2. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

For those with faith maybe suicide is one of those mysterious ways God works. Not being sarcastic just reading the part about deciding when it's over. God is either responsible or isn't.

3. Ann Leonard

Ann Leonard Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I divorced the cause of my despair 16 years ago, and while I still have my ups and downs, I have never once considered taking my own life since that day. :)

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think most of us have been down in that dark hole at times in our life...no matter what our beliefs. Life can throw some really hard balls at us sometimes that aren't that easy to get up from. I'm sure Barbara Bush had her times just like the rest of us. Just because she was a President's wife didn't stop her from feeling the human emotions we all experience.

But like I said in another post...I could see Barbara thinking of killing George if he was having an affair...more than I think of her killing herself over that. She probably thought about doing a few other things to him too...like cutting off his manhood. :)

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Nancy Knudson

Nancy Knudson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not really. Her comment after Hurricane Katrina about the African Americn population of New Orleans sickened me.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Do tell....

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

So this all the author's got?

New Orleanians who lived through Hurricane Katrina and the federal floods, however, also remember her (Barbara Bush's) much-quoted statement that she made to NPR's Marketplace after touring the Houston Astrodome and meeting with Katrina refugees:

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this ... this is working very well for them."

I wonder what brought on this animosity toward Barbara Bush all the sudden. LOL ;) :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  10. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course she meant Al.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

of course I meant AL, sorry Al I changed it :)

...thanks for quoting that Joe... :rolleyes:

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Second instalment .....

After dealing with the agony of the shadowy affair George Bush reputedly had with Jennifer Fitzgerald for twelve years, the brusqueness and cattiness of Nancy Reagan was a piece of cake for Barbara when George served as Ronald Reagan's vice president.

Nancy Reagan set the highest disapproval rating for any First Lady up to her tenure and only Jackie Kennedy scored higher favorable ratings than Barbara Bush.

'My mail tells me a lot of fat, white-haired, wrinkled ladies are tickled pink', stated Barbara Bush.

Spotlighting her flaws she said, 'I think it makes them feel better about themselves'.

'Barbara Bush presented herself as America's grandmother, comforting and comfortable, although in fact that was just one dimension of her complicated persona', writes the author Susan Page in The Matriarch, Barbara Bush and the Making of an American Dynasty out on Tuesday.

But it was Barbara's grandmotherly veneer that made Nancy seethe when she served as First Lady.

She hoped Barbara would change the way she dressed, do something more glamorous with her hair, and wear some makeup.

On her exit, Nancy had no First Lady advice for Barbara but 'she sniffed that the job was considerably more difficult than being Second Lady', writes Susan Page.

read more here...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ured-catty-Nancy-Reagans-digs-appearance.html

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I liked Nancy Reagan. I bet Ronald didn't stray after he married her.

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I was wrong. It is the Susan Page from USA Today. She is on TV right now. Just wanted to correct that.

Holly Saunders likes this.