Biden

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My understanding is that Transgender Awareness Day began in Michigan in 2009 but was not declared a national observance day until 2022, so that was Biden; although in 2022 and 2023, it wasn't on Easter. Plus, there is nothing that compels the president to speak about it, so that was on him too. Not doing so might have upset the LGBTQ+ community, while doing so was sure to upset Christians, so he made his choice and I don't see anything wrong with him owning it. Pretty much every day of the year is set aside to commemorate one crazy thing or another, and presidents don't announce most of them. They decide which to support and which to ignore.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    Vada Bloom likes this.
  2. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Biden says he 'didn't do that' when asked about Easter being 'Trans Visibility Day,' despite proclamation

President Biden said Monday that he "didn't do that" when asked about his official White House proclamation, declaring March 31, the same day as Easter, as "Transgender Day Of Visibility."

In an exchange with reporters at the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, Biden declined responsibility for the proclamation when asked about House Speaker Mike Johnson's, R-La., criticism of the action. Over the weekend, Johnson wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter, that the White House "betrayed the central tenet of Easter," adding that the proclamation was "outrageous and abhorrent."

"He’s thoroughly uninformed," Biden remarked when asked about Johnson's comments. "I didn’t do that," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/b...sibility-day-despite-proclamation/ar-BB1kTATR

It sounds to me like Biden is denying the proclamation altogether now but what do I know. :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

"Christianity is the most prevalent religion in the United States. Estimates from 2021 suggest that of the entire U.S. population (332 million) about 63% is Christian (210 million)."

Biden just pissed off 63% of the country in an election year. Let's Go Brandon!

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I guess it really shows that Biden doesn't have a clue what his office puts out. So sad that he is so ridiculous and has made our nation look ridiculous as well for voting for him.

5. Vada Bloom

Registered

Don, it’s hard to say if he doesn’t know or if he’s lying. Lies seem to come easier to him than truth. He enjoys lying so much that he tells many of the same ones over and over.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

There is a long list of politicians who have been so shielded from feedback and accountability for decades and decades that they have lost any sense of what's real. At this point it's a true pathology. Sociopaths and narcissists.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  7. John Brunner

Another explanation for Transgenders hijacking Easter--and Christian messages being forbidden--might be that the messaging from our White House has been hijacked by activists, and/or is being controlled by others without Biden's knowledge or consent or comprehension.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Dan Miles

Dan Miles Well-Known Member
    Registered

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

International Transgender Day of Visibility is an annual event occurring every March 31 since 2009. The first International Transgender Day of Visibility was held on March 31, 2009. Easter happened to fall on the same day this year.

From 2001 to 2100, Easter will land on March 31 five times — making March 31 one of the most common dates for Easter.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Registered

Joe Biden's character stinks and has for decades but the voters kept sending him back. IMO Joe is most to blame for everything he does and the people who have ever voted for him bear responsibility, as well. It's too much for me to tell the difference in when he's lying and when his brain is so foggy that he forgets where he is. I'm not willing to excuse him and blame his staff. He could fire them if the things they do bothered him.

While it is obvious that Biden is senile, often drugged up and micro-handled by everyone around him it is also true that his history of telling bald-faced lies is extensive. Not only does he tell them, he tells the same ones over and over along with new ones. Many are easily proven false but that's never bothered him. When he is challenged he gets angry and often profane.

The following info can be found in an article published in 2020 (link below) in plenty of time to inform the voters of the foolishness of voting for a man who lies about his boss, lies about his record during his career, lies about his academic record, is widely known for plagiarizing from other leader's speeches verbatim, is widely known for plagiarizing during law school and nearly being expelled, lied about his ancestors, lies about having been a teacher and a professor, claimed he was arrested for visiting Nelson Mandela, etc. https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499065-lies-damned-lies-and-the-truth-about-joe-biden/

Joe's character problem goes beyond lies. Surely some have seen the photos of little girls sniffed and touched by Joe in public. Consider for a moment what he might be doing in private. Look up Tara Reade. Do voters care? Apparently not.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

April 4 is "Tell a Lie Day." Do you think Biden will be making a declaration on that day? "Wear Pajamas to Work Day" is on the 16th. Can we expect President Biden to observe that day from the podium? He chose to applaud Transgender Day of Visibility on Easter Sunday, even as he was banning all religious symbols from the most important Christian holiday of the year. Although I'm sure his handlers told him to do that, since he probably doesn't even get to choose the brand of adult diapers he wears, his Administration still owns the decision. The message was that Transgenders are to be applauded and celebrated while Christians are to be hidden away and not spoken of. That was the message and the choice they made. "Honesty Day" is on April 30, and we know that no Democrat in office will be observing that one, although every day is "Tell a Lie Day" as far as they're concerned.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  12. John Brunner

Yeh, I commented on that a few posts up. I think the bru-ha-ha is because he came out and said it was his proclamation, and then he announced "No Christian Messages On Easter Eggs" during the annual roll on the South Lawn.

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility."

Of course, there's a context to it all. Part of it is our feelings about the man, and the other part is promoting Transgenders and restricting Christians on Easter.

13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

These are definitely important things to worry about. ;)

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is true of many politicians, particularly Democrats, but plenty of Republicans get away with it too. I stopped voting for Democrats after Jimmy Carter, as that was when I realized that most Democrat politicians rely on their voters being stupid and uninformed. The South was solid Democrat of a century or more--the Whites voted for Dems because Abraham Lincoln was Republican and Republicans freed the slaves. The Blacks voted Democrat because...I never figured it out. The KKK members and the Blacks they victimized were voting for the same people. Go figure. Reagan seemed to open the eyes of the Whites and they realized they were voting to empower the Kennedys, and the Humphreys and the McGoverns whose policies they hated. The Blacks, however, continued to vote for the people who enforced the Jim Crow Laws. I never figured that one out, and they still do that. Dems are counting on Hispanic votes, but it seems that Trump has opened their eyes as well. Same with Union workers. They, too, vote for the people who send their jobs overseas, although Nixon started it, Clinton put that process into overdrive. I have never understood all that, and, while I have never been registered as a Democrat (I am usually an Independent or Libertarian), I did vote for them sometimes until after Carter. That is when I realized the con, and I haven't voted for a Democrat since, mostly because I don't want to give more power to those people who consider me to be stupid and uninformed--the leadership.

15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Let's not be spreading misinformation.

"Jill and I send our warmest wishes to Christians around the world celebrating Easter Sunday. Easter reminds us of the power of hope and the promise of Christ’s Resurrection.
    As we gather with loved ones, we remember Jesus’ sacrifice. We pray for one another and cherish the blessing of the dawn of new possibilities. And with wars and conflict taking a toll on innocent lives around the world, we renew our commitment to work for peace, security, and dignity for all people.
    From our family to yours, happy Easter and may God bless you."

The Biden administration had not, in fact, banned religion from an Easter egg art contest in 2024 or any other year.
    The Easter egg contest is organized annually by the American Egg Board — a government-created program falling under the USDA's Agricultural Marketing Service. Designs are submitted on paper by children of National Guard families. The deadline in 2024 was Jan. 22, according to a flyer promoting the contest. The flyer also said, "Selected designs representing the unique experience and stories of National Guard children will be brought to life on real hen eggs by talented egg artists from across the country and displayed at the White House this Easter and Passover season."
    As such, one of the submission guidelines on the aforementioned flyer read, "The submission must not include any questionable content, religious symbols, overtly religious themes or partisan political statements."
    In other words, the same guidelines were in place during previous presidential administrations, including under former U.S. President Donald Trump.

John Brunner likes this.