Birth Memory?

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Boris Boddenov, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I recall seeing a bright light and a white-bearded man holding me by the legs. Around age 5, I assumed that this was God attaching my legs.

Mom told me that the MD who "delivered" me did indeed have a white beard, quite unusual in 1944. Was this a birth memory?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It certainly sounds like it could have been , @Boris Boddenov ! I have never heard of anyone having a birth memory before, and that is amazingly interesting. Did you have any other early memories like that , or just the one ?
    My earliest memory is being with my mother near the railroad tracks, in her car, and waiting for Grandpa Bailey to come walking down the tracks. He worked for the railroad, and part of his job was to walk down the tracks and check the railroad switches (I think), and I can remember watching for his kerosene lantern to come into view and knowing that he was finally getting there.
    I think that I was probably around a year old at that time, so nothing like your birth memory experience.

Boris Boddenov likes this.
  3. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Yvonne,
    I'm not sure it is a birth memory or that I can "beat" your earliest memory at age 1. I do recall memories from living with mom at grandparents' house before dad was discharged from the army (WWII). Like sitting in a high chair while mom sang "Mama's little baby ...." (Shortnin' Bread)?? Recall Christmas garden at that house and several other things. We moved to our own place 1946 (age 2).

Have to say again that the visits to your country "out west" really rocked me.

Yvonne Smith likes this.