Blood Pressure Medication

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Marie Mallery, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne we spent a fortune moving here. I do not see us moving,aside from one of us passing, then the other may move back to Texas. I feel I guess better. Going to give a day or two for the med to kick in again I hate this one med as it makes me almost i mobile. Clinic just called now they want me to come in and see the traveling doctor instead of waiting for the one damn doctor they do have to return. I appreciate their concern and I will go, but I am not allowing any more changes to my meds- for now at leat!

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yesterday what I thought was a sinus headache, turned out to be migraine.Sick. sick all day. Was a horrible experience I have not encountered since 1979! I feel like I am falling apart at the seams- everyday -it seems like ,something new to deal with. :( Feel much better today and hope to remain quiet most of the day. :)

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Man, @Hedi Mitchell I hate that you are suffering so. I don't know what part of Kansas you are in, but Kansas City has some good doctors if you are near the state line into Missouri. I can't speak directly as I have no experience there...just repute. Could the migraine have been triggered by the change in meds or do you sometimes have them anyway?

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Don Alaska - I do not get headaches so having the migraine was a shock..and yes I think it was brought on by a medicine I was taking from another doctor. We live in SW Kansas and doctors less than limited here. Everyone travels mainly an hour to 4.5 hours for doctors. Kansas City Mo. is 5.5 hours from Us. But thank you so much Don for your input and caring.
    P>S> we are 35 miles for Ok. border

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Contact your provider about the headache, especially if they recur. Meds may be switched to avoid that awful side effect.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Finally after now taking 100mg of Losartan I got a decent BP read this morning 133/66... hopefully it will be adjusted even better soon. ;)

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.