Bogged Down In The Painting Department

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Allie Seay, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, we still have a way to go on the barn. We worked together on windows today. Taking the storm windows down and painting the window sills and trim, etc. Then cleaning the windows inside and out along with the storm windows before putting everything back together. I love sparkly windows, but I don't particularly like to make them sparkle so it doesn't happen very often. (If you saw how far some of my windows are from the ground you'd know why.)

Anyway, we're now about one quarter of the way finished on the windows and would be a little further along if a couple of them hadn't needed some repairs where the wood had rotted under the metal frames of the storm windows. Apparently, some of them lacked the little holes in the bottom that allow for drainage. It made Ken so angry. Bless his heart. He didn't even get to look at the barn today.

That's the way it goes, though. Ken just gets frustrated because before he even gets out of bed every day he has this mental list going: By eleven I'll have this done. Then by one I'll have that. Then I'll still have three or four hours to start this other thing, etc.

You know it never works out quite like you plan. :)