Breaking: Shooting In Orlando Leave 50 Gays Dead

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gary Ridenour, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gary Ridenour @Ike Willis

Absolutely right. In my opinion, the required background checks are much more valuable to the FBI as a means of tracking and identifying gun owners, than it is from any sway towards Public Safety. Same line of reasoning for Concealed Carry Permits: give the folks "in charge" full knowledge of who you are, where you are, what firearm you possess, and then, someday.............

Both are forms of "gun control". Both are infringements of that which "shall not be infringed".

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page But would it have been a better life for the people had the revolt never taken place Chrissy?
    Frank

Martin Alonzo and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Saw the news about it and it was so devastating to see this sort of violence in America. Everyone is talking about it and hope that gun laws change...like on ABC The View or from The Pres. Obama himself.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, that's what they said. Yes, after the revolt things were very tough for a long time. Many of the Hungarians that were left were angry at the ones that caused it and escaped. My husbands own brother was very angry with my husband. My husband thinks his own brother turned him in and that's why my husband couldn't get a visa when his dad died. Others who left in 56 were allowed back after things got a little less tight...right before the end of communism, my husband couldn't return til then.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Frank Sanoica and Ike Willis like this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So the government is going to release transcripts of the calls that the shooter made, but they are going to redact his references to ISIS and other parts of what he said, so I can't help but wonder what the point is, unless they are counting on the likelihood that many people won't realize that it's been redacted, and come to the conclusion they want, which is that it wasn't related to Islamic terrorism.

Martin Alonzo and Diane Lane like this.
  7. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

kinda late?? his ties to a Muslim Jihad bomber are already known. also I think his wife is still missing.

8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I think at least at this point, being in certain areas that are standing up to the federal government overreach is better than being in other areas. I am pretty sure where I live has one of the higher ratios of guns (and other weapons, as well as those well trained to use them) to people as some other areas, and I definitely feel safer here, with regard to that type of situation, although I worry about my family elsewhere. I'm not a fan of concealed carry. I've expressed that to those who tout their compliance both in person and also online. I think it hadn't occurred to many that it's really just a form of registration, and in my opinion, it violates the 2nd Amendment. None of us is getting out of this life alive, and if it came down to it, I'd rather fight than submit. Everyone on this forum is in the category of less valued, being older and some of us with health concerns, and I have no intention of putting on a proverbial gold star and getting on a train. There are some blowhards who seem to relish the idea of a revolution, but I'm not one of them. However, if the fight came to me, I would fight.

Babs Hunt and Frank Sanoica like this.
  9. Gary Ridenour

Registered

The Orlando killer Omar Mateen claimed responsibility identifying himself as an Islamic soldier in redacted transcripts released Monday morning of phone calls made during the June 12 slaughter.

fox

10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank goodness I live in country that, that would not happen. One time about 5 years ago on of the cheese factories was robbed. All the neighbours grabbed their guns got in their cars and trucks and chased them down the road killing one and the others had to hold up until the police arrived. Almost like the wild west great place to live.

Diane Lane and Frank Sanoica like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just think most older people don't see the reality of what it will be like if the SHTF or whatever scenario where you will be fighting.

I for one hope they kill me instantly. I can't imagine surviving a summer in Fresno without A/C, or how about people on certain medications...good luck getting them or anything else. There will also be young thugs who are much better equipped then and stronger and healthier to take advantage of any situation not because they're fighting for a right.

If the govt or military is involved whatever guns you have will be peanuts compared to their firepower not to mention things dropped from the air on you.

Good luck to anyone who plans on fighting....I'll be long gone. Maybe if I was in my 30's and totally healthy and in great shape I'd do differently but I'm not so why suffer needlessly when you don't even know what the outcome will be if you are lucky to survive. You might wish you were dead.

What's the point of even trying to fight when you live alone even if I had a few guns. I can only shoot them one at a time. I'm sure more than one armed person will knock on my door. I may get one but then I'm dead.

In that scenario, tell me how I could possibly win??

12. Gary Ridenour

Registered

the FBI knew and Obama called em off. Obama staged this killing

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Those are very good points, @Chrissy Page. Wars are for people younger and in better shape than I am, yet I think I'd rather go out that way than in surrender to conditions that are unbearable, and I'd like to know that a fight was fought. As for myself, there are limits to what I can take but I wouldn't go out looking for trouble. I have been following SHTF scenarios for years and a few things can be predicted.
    • Cities will be hit first, and may soon become uninhabitable. Later, after the city stores are looted, people will spread out from the cities, particularly looting farms.
    • People whose job it is to assist may well become an individual's worst enemies, as they are equipped to become so and can operate under the guise of official duties.
    • Those who have planned ahead by storing up food and supplies will be referred to as hoarders, and their stores will be taken by the police, much of which will be used for their own purposes.
    • The military, those who are willing, will be busy fighting anyone who is engaged in a fight.
    • If the military itself breaks down, groups of soldiers may act as war lords. The same may be true of civilian militias.
    • In times of trouble, there is a tendency for people to move south.
    • Those who are self sufficient and living in remote areas are likely to be the last to be touched.
    As cases in point on that last note, there were small communities in Europe, even in Germany, that were basically untouched by World War II, other than for the deprivation that comes from war. During the American Civil War, except in areas where the townspeople had divided loyalties or where they were situated on major roadways or waterways, many of the smaller communities in the South were not as badly affected by the war as were the larger cities and towns.

For my part, I am building my camp in such as way as to turn it into a place where we could live if we need to, while hoping we won't need to. If not, then we have a nice summer camp. It is located on an ATV/snowmobile trail, and I'm thinking that recreational snowmobiling or ATV riding is not going to be all that popular once the SHTF. Since there is nothing else on the road and, except in very dry weather, you can't even drive all the way through to the next road, I'm thinking that it won't be a target. In fact, the nearest town is mostly a summer place whose full-time residents will probably be at least as well stocked as I am.

14. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

My thoughts exactly. I heard it first and thought "well that's surprising!" and then I read that they were going to take all terrorist references out. And I thought the same thing... "what's the point?!" I suspect it will be spun to make it about intolerance toward gays and not about the ISIS statements he made at all. It was a HORRIBLE massacre no matter who was involved... but to USE it as an agenda item to make a political statement... I think that should make the LGBT community just as angry as the rest of us... this is frosted over, and guess what? It continues and gets worse. It's like no one THINKS any longer. :(

Diane Lane likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes Ken but there is one thing that no matter where you go or how well you are prepared and no matter how many guns you have, there's nothing that can be done about a small bomb dropped on an area. These are things that only the govt or military have usually.

I may be wrong thinking this because I'm really not into what we have in the way of bombs. I'm sure they don't want to take out the whole country just small areas.

There are a lot of unknowns also. What will other countries be doing? It would be a good time to take advantage of the US if it is only a civil type war. You're never sure who the enemy is and even an Allie will turn on you if need be.

Bottom line, even if you survive....what kind of world will it be? A darn hard one for seniors. :(

Diane Lane and Martin Alonzo like this.