Bucket List

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Mal Campbell, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

That's how I look at it, too. Throughout my life, I've either had the time and not the money or the money but not the time. But I've never stopped dreaming that one day, I'd have both at the same time. I have to keep the dream that I'll be able to do these awesome things - have those grand adventures. The everyday hum-drum of life can be so taxing without the hope.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I actually don't have much of a bucket list either. I am not adventurous; so I will skip the mountain climbing, zip-lining, and also the dragster racing . You all go ahead, and have fun. I will read about the adventure after you get done.
    There are two things that I would really like to do. One thing that I have wanted to do forever, is to go to Graceland and take the tour around Elvis Presley's home. I was just the right age to have enjoyed his music , and seeing his home is just something that I would like to do.
    The other thing that I passionately want to do; but know we can never actually do (so this one is really not bucket list, more like just a dream) , is to go on one of those cruise ships. Even just a 2-3 day cruise would be such fun, and just totally different from anything I have ever done in my life.
    When Robin went on the Alaskan cruise; I looked at the webpage for her cruise ship, and they had the deck-cam so I could actually see what she was seeing from the front or rear of the cruise-liner. It was awesome ! You could almost FEEL the breeze blowing through your hair, just watching that deck-cam.
    Pretty much, I have always just had enough to get by, and the extravagances were not even a consideration. They still are not; but it is wonderful to look at the webpage and dream anyway.

3. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

You can come along and watch - after all, we're going to need someone with a little common sense to call 911!! :D

I think that's the great thing about the bucket list. Most of the things on it are things that we'd probably never do, but it's so much fun imagining it. To believe, even for a little while, that we're going to have these great adventures.

Richard Paradon and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I never really thought of doing a bucket list. My parents never had one, and I am pretty certain my father was aware that he was dying although he never said anyting to anyone in our family it was just the way he was acting the last few months of his life. As for me if I did have a bucket list I guess the one thing I would like to do is see the Grand Canyon. Here I am living in the state of Arizona and I have never seen one of its great tourist attractions. So, I guess I would like to see it at lesat once.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The first in my bucket list is a vacation in London. Ever since I was young, I was already amused with London and I had fancied it all my life. What a coincidence, my husband (he was my boyfriend then) was sent to London for a few months of work assignment. You can guess that he showered me with items all made in UK when he came back home.

In 2011, my husband was again sent for a one week seminar to Singapore. We were now connected by email and social media (no skype) unlike when he was in London when our only communication was postal mail. Anyway, it looks like Singapore is a very nice country, clean and safe. On the following year, my husband took me to Singapore, hahahaaa. After that, we go to Singapore every year. Our scheduled trip this year is in November.