Canadian Murder

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Craig Wilson, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Interestingly....
    images (74).jpeg

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bess Barber
    Well, it just don't look feminine, IMO, for girls to be sporting assault rifles! To my way of thinking, a purse-hidden handgun is superior for self-protection. OTOH, seeing those guns slung over their shoulders surely must serve as a pre-deterring consideration for some thug thinking about an attack of some sort......

As I always understood it, all Swiss young men MUST serve a period in the military, are issued a personal machinegun which remains their property. However, I have heard their laws were made more restrictive in recent times.
    Frank

Bess Barber likes this.
  3. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

Depends on the eye of the beholder. :p
    images (77).jpeg

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ummmmm, Frank? :D

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

The gun magazines, being often geared to the Gun Culture Redneck types, often display scantily clad, voluptuous young women in various ridiculous poses involving guns:

[​IMG]

Her rifle is a variation of the FN-FAL made in Belgium. I'd recognize those, er,.......sites, sights,.......anywhere!
    Wanna bet she's not really an Israeli Commando? Frank

6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin

What.....What ??

F

Bess Barber likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

When my wife got her NRA yearly membership, years ago, NRA sent us a magazine called Women's Outlook. It showed a lot of "Model" type ladies with firearms and some teens as well. It seemed like the front covered would always have some lady, holding a handgun or rifle, with lots of makeup on.

Bess Barber likes this.
  8. Shirley Martin

Registered

I thought you might appreciate the beauty of the …………… weapon in that picture. :D

Frank Sanoica and Bess Barber like this.
  9. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I just don't think too small of a feminine gun says 'I'm going to blow your head off if you break into my house'.....
    This one looks like a hot glue gun. It makes no statement in the moment of crisis.
    download (37).jpeg

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

I have one about that size. It's cold grey steel and shoots a BIG bullet.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin

I appreciate all things of beauty, but most especially those being feminine, even if carrying a gun. Even like men, a little bit, but not that way. Even if they're carrying a gun, so long as mine's bigger.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Bess Barber and Shirley Martin like this.
  12. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The families of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese and the third victim an elderly Canadian man, will be devastated that the RCMP has announced it is scaling down its search for McLeod and Schmegelsky as frankly it appears to have lost the fugitives. This is despite having the help of a Royal Canadian Air Force Hercules with thermal imaging. Did I not hear that the Mounties had McLeod and Schmegelsky at their mercy at a checkpoint but let them go as they did not know they were wanted. This is an embarrassing bungle of the loftiest proportions. Seems the incident has now been given a D notice as I can not find anything in the press.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  13. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes they have guns but are not allowed any ammunition.

Ammunition will be issued if the country comes under attack.

Go to a gun club and you can buy bullets but any not use have to be returned.

Frank Sanoica and Bess Barber like this.
  14. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

Wow! That sucks. I wonder if there are people there who make their own? Some of the supplies may be harder to acquire in Europe than in the USA though.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bess Barber
    Very good question! One need only ask: what particular devices or abilities need one have to produce ammunition? Or any munition, for that matter? The arsenals in the U.S., some privately-owned but contracted by the military, produce billions of rounds of small arms ammunition, that is, rifle and pistol ammunition. Their raw materials are metal and chemicals. Chemicals generally already compounded as propellants by still other contracted companies, such as DuPont, Hodgdon, Alliant, to name a few.

Lake City Arsenal is one well-known maker of ammunition, located in Missouri. The plant has over 450 buildings!
    [​IMG]Headstamp of a .50 caliber cartridge casing made at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in 1943 and recovered from the Sahuarita Bombing and Gunnery Range in 2012.

[​IMG]
    Finished outer boxes of the commercial pack, each containing 1,800 rounds, are palletized before the entire pallet is shrink-wrapped for shipment.
    See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_City_Army_Ammunition_Plant

To make ammunition privately, clandestinely or otherwise, then, one must have ability to form cartridge cases, make projectiles (bullets), make primers (fairly difficult), and make propellant, (gunpowder of one kind or another), and a means of combining them into usable ammunition.

Cartridge cases are usually easily obtained in a variety of calibers, found at shooting ranges, desolate target shooting areas, or purchasable openly.

Bullets are easily cast from lead, or machined from other metals or even plastics given access to a lathe.

Primers are needed to ignite the powder contained in the cartridge case. They are tiny metallic cups containing material which ignites by percussion, usually that of a "hammer". The primer is clearly visible in the LC image above, the tiny central indent produced by a firing pin. Toy "caps" made for kids' cap guns may be used to make primers, as can the white tips of "strike-anywhere" matches. Those will explode if struck with a carpenter's hammer.

Gunpowder, a generic term loosely applied, may be Smokeless Powder, Black Powder, or another mixture of suitable chemical materials, which I'll not detail. Smokeless Powder is simply cellulose, paper, cotton, or sawdust, treated with acid. Black Powder is made from a mixture of Charcoal, Sulfur, and Potassium Nitrate. Sodium Nitrate or Nitrite may be substituted.

The "recipe" for making ammunition privately set aside, ammunition will likely always be available to those seeking it, even if illegal, just as are drugs always available, for a price, sometimes a VERY STEEP price...

Frank

Don Alaska likes this.