Chick-fil-a

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

There was also a time, when they walked us to our car in the rain.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've eaten there once. They never have locations convenient to where I live. The closest one now is over 20 miles away. I drive by occasionally, and there is always a long line of cars.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We have CFA at least a couple of times a month. There are always lines at all locations around Houston but they have "fast service" down pat. The lines move fast and the food is good. I was bummed when they stopped having cole slaw on the menu because their slaw was excellent.

For anyone who has not tried Chick-fil-a, they use only fresh chicken that they cut up themselves. No "prepared, frozen" stuff. My oldest son worked at a CFA during his first year of college and told us how the chicken was prepared. Employees are treated well, too.

@Jenna Parnellson -- it is nothing like KFC. No heavy breading and the focus is mainly filet sandwiches, strips and nuggets... all white meat. They also have good soups, salads and fresh lemonade. https://www.chick-fil-a.com/menu

4. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks! Unfortunately, I only like dark meat. But I do thank you for your info.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

They don't have any "bone-in" chicken. I think their main focus was simply sandwiches.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have never been to a CFA but would try it if it fell in my path. We had a Popeye's chicken here open during covid with drive up only. They had a line I could not believe. When things settled down, I went to try it. I was not impressed.
    Aldi's used to be closed on Sundays. I wish everything was, personally. In Wisconsin it is a law that Car dealerships stay closed on Sundays. Wonder when they will realize that law is still in effect.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

Some months ago I had the taste for fried chicken, so I went online to look at the menu for my local Popeye's before I drove over there (I hate sitting in line trying to figure out what I want.) I looked at the prices...over $20 for 8 pieces of a small chicken!!! So I went to the grocery store, bought a whole chicken, cut it up and fried it. For 1/3 the price I easily had double the amount of meat.

And I, too, wish things were still closed on Sunday. It seems that the time it takes to do a task always expands to fill the amount of time available. My dad worked retail his entire career. Nearly every store was closed on Sunday. I think that when 7-11 came along, they caused most retail to respond with a 7 day week. Chic-Fil-A may no longer be closed on Sundays. I think they caved on that.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

A long line of cars is a testament to the quality of their food and service. They speed people through very efficiently, whether you choose take-out or eat-in! They treat their employees and customers very well. They are the rare bird who believes the employee comes first....the customer comes second. It ends up a "Win-Win"!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

They are closed on Sundays here. I believe there was some bru-ha-ha about airport locations being forced to stay open on Sunday or something.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  10. John Brunner

Now that you mention it, I think it was a location along at rest facilities or something like that where the state awarded the contract to be in that location, along with other eateries. There was supposed concern for Sunday travelers not having maximum choices. The state of New York passed a bill requiring 7 day-a-week operations.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Since the Founder died, Chic-Fil-A is not particularly Christian anymore. The kids just want the money.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Actually, I believe the kids have always wanted the money. That's kind of the point of having a job. :p

13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the thread-killer post.

14. John Brunner

Actually, I'm not sure it's all 100% accurate. One of the founder's sons took over the business as chairman and CEO and got socially lynched for donating to causes opposing gay marriage and supporting gay conversion therapy.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Mary Stetler likes this.