Childless

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Rufus Holen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

If I kept a heroes of the world list, right now Ken's name would be at the top. It brings tears to my eyes to think that anyone could do all that when they were twenty, let alone a single male at a time when it was almost impossible for even a biological father to get custody of their children.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, Ken what a story, this could make a great book or movie. Yet this is something you lived thorugh. I have to say I admire you at such a young age taking on the responsiblity of a child. Some individuals wouldn't be that responsible but you were, and that is commendable. Thank you for sharing this story, it was certainly quite a story to read.

3. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm touched! You're like an angel sent by God for these little ones. Your story made me cry. At 20!!! God has indeed sent you at the right time and place for your son. Do you still provide a home for abandoned children?

Your kind lawyer, is he a Senator or a government leader now? US needs lawyers/leader like him!

4. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have two sons, and I'm really proud that me and my husband made the decision to have children, because now we would just regret it.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, that was in California. From there, I moved to Texas and they wouldn't even consider a single male foster parent at that time, and since there was no one specific I was fighting for at that time, I didn't care to fight it. Now I'm 63 and not really in the mood to raise children.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Damn, fantastic story! I just managed to get to your post by some miracle, and I can tell you: it's the best thing I've read all week! It played out exactly like a good movie: good story, interesting characters and a heartwarming finale. Best thing about it, though, was that it was real!

You are a really good man, and I think that you pretty much saved that kid's life from turning into a disaster.

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Bless your heart, Ken.

8. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

What a story, your son is blessed to have you in his life at the right time.

9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me if I didn't see this thread earlier. I had created similar one. But anyway, I know of some people who do not want to have children for the purpose of enjoying their life. Not really being selfish but their reason is that so many couples are having children and it is all right for them not to add to the population.

In my case, health issues intervened so I was not able to bear children. But my husband and I stand firm in our commitment to each other and that children are just by-products of a relationship and not the salient point. There are so many couples who have children but are not living happily unlike us. That's the most important for us - happiness in any which way.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I would like to commend all of you who have accepted not having children for whatever the reasons or circumstances. I see so many parents that I think should not have had children. A child doesn't ask to be born but should be given so much love and cared for endlessly. I love children and can't see myself without them being around their innocence.

Ken Anderson and Corie Henson like this.