Chronic Diarrhea?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

What's your wife and your HbA1c's Cody?

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

And if this is the case, then prebiotics might be a bad idea, because they feed small intestine bacteria.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My VA Hemoglobin test in August 2022, 6.3. VA Reference is 4.0 - 6.0

My wife's is similar.

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We did stop taking the 3-a-day (1 at each meal), and bought 1MD Nutrition Complete Probiotics Platinum. The 1MD are more expensive, but only 1 tablet in the AM.

After every "diarrhea" thing, we take a tablespoon of Pepto Bismol. But, it's got to be, for me, that after eating supper, I have to take Pepto Bismol nightly. I have a good-size breakfast, but no upset stomach after. The upset stomach basically only happens after the supper meal and I take the Pepto when I go to bed.

Come to think about it, we've both been taking Pepto since that Pandemic started. When we were in Colorado Springs and in Las Vegas, never once had to take Pepto. And, we ate good size meals at Buffet's in morning and evening.

Still think the diarrhea and Pepto have to do with nerves/anxiety of moving and living in this city.

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

If you insurance covers it, every 3 months I have my labs, but I also have type 2 diabetes and no meds, just diet, so I have to do at home finger-pricks if I get into something that is not typical for me to eat. It's not easy keeping on top of things for me, there are foods I miss having, but I learned to actually enjoy diabetic friendly foods. If I want something sweet, Stevia has not spiked my BG so like lastnight I baked Almond Flour Cinnamon loaf and I eat it with blueberries & creamcheese, or whip cream. I can also use Cacao dark chocolate to make snacks so I don't feel deprived.

I think my guidelines are the same as yours, and your 6.3 was just pre-diabetic according to the US chart I use. But what I got to 7.0 I was diagnosed diabetic (II)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I agree Cody, stress is poison to my system. I can be going along just fine and have an anxiety attack over something, so now I try to keep my eyes and ears open for uplifting things. I also think even over-the-counter meds, we can become tolerant of so they won't work any longer. I was addicted to nasal spray, I think it was Afrin, like 10 or more years ago. My nose would plug up because it was wanting the Afrin, I ended up with the worst sinus infection I ever had. Cured it with Apple Cider Vinegar, never ever had one since. I think I was only about 50 then.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't know about the US chart, but I was diagnosed a Diabetic II in 2008 (from a full physical) I had and the 6.3 A1C was in 2022. My wife, in 2008, having the same full physical, was diagnosed pre-Diabetic II. But, years later, while living in Florida, she was diagnosed Diabetic II. We both have testing kits (finger prick). We were both on 2,000 mg (2 tablets) of Metformin, but I cut my mg down to 1,000 after I read about Metformin and kidneys.

We got rid of all of our sugar, but use Spenda in coffee. We are not on a Diabetic diet and both of our doctors aren't concerned about us not being on a diet.

As for our "thinking", since we only get diarrhea and/or take Pepto where we live, we really think our diarrhea problem has something to do with where we live. Just don't know, but from past experience (of travel), that's all we can come up with.

8. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, you're in Canada, I wasn't sure what the numbers range is there for Type 2 Diabetes. I see that Canada is a bit different so you got diagnosed where in US I see they've changed our numbers since I was diagnosed, geesh! I was considered pre-diabetic in the 6.0, and when I came up next labs I was at 7.0 and that's when they started wanting me on meds ;)

I think they changed based on so many folks getting diabetes, and they want them to be on Metformin earlier. Much fewer doctors are suggesting nutritional changes, or they may at least add it to the patients options. Who knows, we're all just getting by the best we can ;) I have friends on my Ketogenic forum that take Metformin and also do Keto but they like to try and keep other foods in there as well.

I know none of us are getting out of here alive so we just do what we can do. I hope you find some ways to fix your trots (as my Canadian grams used to call it).

Mary Stetler likes this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Look up the weed purslane vs metformin.
    I still love my weeds.

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Denise, Cody's A1C is probably skewed since he's on diabetic medication (Metformin). So his 6.3 is with meds.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Denise, were not in Canada! The avatar is a picture in Rocky Mountain National Park in northern Colorado.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a case of that one time that wouldn't go away. About 10 years ago. After a couple of weeks I took the recommended dose of Pepto Bismol. It worked fine for a day. But it always came back. I got tired of fooling around and drank about a half a cup at once. It didn't come back. Could have been a coincidence.

Cody, I don't recommend you do that though. It could be dangerous.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Nancy, some things work great for some, while for others.............very dangerous. IOW, no neither of us would do that.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

I will Mary!! I love an opportunity to find an alternative med!! Thanks much, Denise

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Well, I have found other numbers within the US so I guess whoever, maybe which State we are talking about determines it's own "numbers" on what's pre and what's full-blow T2

Mary Stetler likes this.