Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Bill Boggs, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I have settled on Community as my coffee of choice. I couldn't find any Community Christmas Coffee. Couldn't find any Community whole bean coffee. My grocer didn't want to stock any coffee beans and not interested in bringing any beans in for me. Neither was Walmart. I'm using Community ground. I bought a couple packages Community ground Breakfast BLend and a Pack of Commmunity Dark Roast. If I get beans I have to order them from Community in Louisiana. Considering that. Hope you enjoy your new coffee makers.

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Community's Breakfast Blend mixed with one of their flavored coffees is our favorites Bill. :)

My husband definitely loves the Christmas coffee. Two days ago I stored the rest of it in a freezer zip lock bag and put it in the freezer. I fixed us a pot of the Breakfast Blend mixed with Hazelnut and after he drank a mug....he asked me if we were out of the Christmas coffee. I told him no that I had saved it and he asked me to unsave it! ;)

You should have let me mail your bag of it Bill...because now I have that extra bag too and the way my husband is loving it...we will be having Christmas coffee through the New Year! :D

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Mickey Mouse, how long does a 12 oz. package of coffee last you? @ Babs Hunt. Well, glad you're enjoying it. The only hazelnut flowered coffee I have tried, I didn't like. Do you use beans or ground? My son picked up a 40 oz. pack of Breakfast Blend at Sam's. A 12 oz. pack of coffee lasts us less than a week. I make coffee at least twice a day. Well, the Christmas season is past. Maybe next year. Wishing you an early happy new year.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

My pour over coffee isn't going all that great. I used the grinder at the store and I think I ground it too coarse. I'll get through this bag and then try again with the next at a finer grind.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

26169327_10156056658059764_1112978690823456936_n.jpg
    I think I'm going to try a bag of this flavor next since Louisiana is gearing up for Mardi Gras season. :)

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Where you getting all that good coffee. I'm sitting out here in the wilderness as far as Community is concerned.
    My regular regional grocer and Target and Walmart have only the a small few different Community coffees.
    I guess down there in Louisiana closer to home base you can find them. Well, that looks like one to try Why not
    when you do, give us some feedback since most all inquisitive coffee hounds will want to know. Thank you madam
    for feeding our curiosity. By the way, what Roast is it, Medium?

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.communitycoffee.com/products/coffee/12-oz-ground-mardi-gras-king-cake

This link will tell you all about that Mardi Gras King Cake coffee @Bill Boggs. :) And all there other coffees too if you want to order some you can't find in your stores. The only flavor I had a little trouble finding so far was the Christmas one, but since Community Coffee is made around here we usually have all the flavors in most of our Supermarkets.

I will share what I think of the taste of the Mardi Gras one with you. :) I should like it since I like both cinnamon and vanilla and the coffee itself is more of a lighter brew.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter gets a lot of gift baskets at Christmas from patients and she got some that had coffee beans in them and she only drinks her Keurig.

So she gave them to me...one is a bag of Starbucks and the other one is Peet's I think.

Can I just go to a store that has a grinder and grind them even if I didn't buy them there?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So far, the Community Coffee that I've tried was too strong for me. They might make a light roast, but I haven't come across any of that.

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

The Breakfast Blend is a light roast .

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm just seeing this @Bill Boggs. I never buy just a single bag of coffee, I always purchase at least two bags and usually 3 because there are often sales of 3 bags for $9.99, etc. Although I only drink one cup or mug every morning my husband can drink a whole pot most mornings and on his days off even more. :)

I also mix flavors so I need at least two bags for this each time. My base bag is always Breakfast Blend but to that I will add the flavored coffees. My favorite mix so far is equal parts of Breakfast Blend, French Vanilla, and Golden Caramel. :) I am blessed that I have a husband who loves trying all the blends and never minds any of the combos, etc. that I experiment with. :)

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I grind coffee in my little Ninja blender cup, @Chrissy Cross , and that works fine for me. We have an actual coffee grinder; but Bobby was using that for grinding his regular coffee, so I didn’t want to “contaminate” it with my flavored coffee beans. I just grind about as much as I need for 3-4 cups (1-2 mugs) of coffee at a time, although you could probably grind more at once.
    I shared some of the Christmas chocolate peppermint coffee with my friend, Evelyn (@Joyce Mcgregor ), and she is going to try it in the morning. I have had it set in the kitchen to give to her, and then kept forgetting to take it along when I went down to her apartment; but today, I finally remembered to get it taken with me.

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just have a blender...don't want to ruin it. :(

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I don’t see why it would ruin either the blender or the coffee. The Ninja cup is just a regular blender with the smaller container, more like a Nutri-bullet. I use it when I just need to blend small amounts or to chop things up, and if I need a large blender, then I use the vitamix.
    If you decide to take the coffee to the store and grind it, that would probably work, too, just be sure to ask them at customer service so you do not get charged for the coffee.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive never ground my own coffee so don't really know how hard the beans are etc that's why I was concerned about the blender.

Yes, I'd ask before I walked in with my two big bags of beans....would not want to be charged:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.