Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Bill Boggs, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

A&P had 3 coffees. I still have a little metal coin bank made like 8 o'clock.

[​IMG]

8coffee.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Nancy - My MIL gave me one of those little tin banks when she found out that I loved Eight O'Clock .. and she put $10 inside so I could always have a cup of great coffee :)

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Okay...... today, I splurged.
    Once upon a time, @Ken Anderson told us about how he orders coffee on Amazon, and one of his favorites is made by a company called “Coffee Fools”.
    When I looked, I discovered that they also carry a great selection of the flavored coffees, and in many different flavors, more than you can find most places.
    Most of the ones on close out were the add-on, so whenever we were ordering something that was around $25, then I added on some of the flavored coffee for myself.

Today, I carried that one step further.
    I ran the list by price from low to high, so I could see the very cheapest ones first, and started adding the ones I was interested in, to my Amazon shopping list.
    Once I had $25 worth of the add-on flavored coffees, then I ordered it, so when it arrives, I will have a supply of different flavors of coffee to make.
    I usually open one at a time, or sometimes 2, and then store them in a dark colored wide mouth canning jar in the cupboard, and put the name on the lid.

The other day, we got all of that Gevalia coffee on close out, and Bobby really enjoys that, as well as his McCafe coffee; so now we will both have favorite coffee to help us make it through this cold old winter.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Coffee Fool has great coffee, and don't forget the "Foolash Goulash," which is different every time but always good, and cheap.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

All of my flavored coffee came from Amazon, and I am happily drinking the first one, which is Cocoa Spice, and has hints of chocolate and cinnamon in it. Usually, in the morning, I make the Gevalia coffee for my first cup, and if I have another cup of coffee in the afternoon, then I enjoy the flavored coffee.
    I would like to try all of the flavors; but I know that once I open the sealed bag, then it will start losing freshness and flavor, even when I keep the coffee in a mason jar with the lid closed tightly; so I am just going to open them one at a time, and finish the whole jar before i have the next one.

Bobby Cole, Joe Riley and Bill Boggs like this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm about empty.

IMG_0414.JPG

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

THIS, is about empty!:eek:
    [​IMG]

8. Ken Anderson

I just ordered another bag of Stone Street, although a different blend than I ordered last time, and one of my favorites, Foolash Goulash from Coffee Fool.

stone-street.jpg foolash-goulash.jpg

The Foolash Goulash is simply a mixture of whatever they have left over. It contains different blends, mixed together, so it tastes different every time, but I have never failed to like it. Often what I do, when I am trying out new coffees is to try it the way it comes a couple of times, and if I love it, I'll drink it that way. Otherwise, I mix it with whatever else I have.

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I use K cup-Pods purchased on line. I drink a variety depending on my mood. Peet's, Starbuck's, McCafe are my favorites.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I used pods for over a year until my coffee maker broke down. I drank some of the best coffee had ever drank There is a bunch of good coffee in pods, the best. My roommate talked me into getting another type coffeemaker. Congrats on your selection of a coffeemaker and good taste in coffee.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

We use the kcup system now and the big maker has been put away.

I have plenty of reusable kcups and pairing them with some good coffee and those little paper filters,
    brew a pretty good cup for about 20 cents a cup. I can handle that price for a good cup, without having
    to brew 10 cups or so in the big maker.

Last coffee we tried was Kirkland Signature House Blend ( roasted by Starbucks ).
    Taste just like their brand ' Pike Place' to me.

Wife likes the Kirkland Signature Decaf blend.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Robin gave us a really nice coffee maker that makes both a large pot of coffee, or uses either k-cups, or regular coffee to make a single cup.
    Bobby always gets up early and has a full pot of coffee before I even open my eyes in the morning, and then I make mine in the single cup maker, sometimes with regular coffee, and sometimes with my flavored blend.
    Kroger often has their manager specials on coffee that is about to go out of date, and when I find these sales, then we stock up on the nicer coffees at a cheaper discount price.
    Another thing that I do is look on Amazon, and run the search by cost (low to high), and then choose some of the add-on coffees that are marked way down.
    Our liquidation store also has some good buys on coffee sometimes, and we just got a few boxes of good k-cup coffee from them, too.

13. Ken Anderson

I made three pots of coffee yesterday, drank two of them and about half of the last one. Plus, I had a couple of K-cups of coffee upstairs. I am off to a slow start today though, as I am still on my first pot.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Has anyone tried the "Military Grade" coffee? Apparently they are Veteran Owned (Purple Heart Recipient) and donate a portion of all proceeds to help fellow veterans. You can buy the coffee as kcups or regular ground. I think I'm going to try a box of the kcups. LINK

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Jerry Adams

Jerry Adams Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth, please give us a report after you've tried it. If it's any thing like what the Navy use to serve, I'm not sure I want any of it. :)
    Thanks