Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Bill Boggs, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Marci Pankratz

Registered

I finally saw Community Coffee listed with the others on my online grocery store site. Even pods! But they were ship only.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you try it with butter? I've never tried the butter thing, either... but I like cream or half and half, so I suppose butter isn't much of a stretch.

I've been drinking more coffee with the quarantine; not sure what the correlation is other than boredom and also I'm baking more sweets. Gotta have coffee with baked goods.

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm surprised you can get Community Coffee in New Jersey, Lois. I guess they have grown with larger distribution than when I lived in Baton Rouge in the early 90s. My favorite Community Coffee is the signature dark roast or the French roast, which is extra dark.

Lois Winters likes this.
  5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, I found it in my Shop Rite, Beth. Now, checking on Amazon, I find that there are different roasts and I'll be trying them out as well. Right now, I did find the old A&P original medium dark roast 8 0'Clock there and sent for it. Wow, like going home again. Love it. So, I guess if one looks hard enough anything is possible.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I remember those coffee grinding machines in the old A&P stores. My mother always bought the 8 o'clock coffee beans and dumped them into the grinder. The Kroger near here has a coffee grinder but I'm not sure what their store brand coffee is.

For many years my sister and BIL loved Community Coffee but could not buy it in GA where they live. Every time they'd visit they'd go home with a trunkload of Community Coffee. :D I think they buy it at Walmart now so they don't have to drive 900 miles anymore.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around putting butter in coffee. I don't even use cream.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know what you mean, and it took me a long time to try it, but it doesn’t taste as bad as the idea sounds. However, since you only drink black coffee, adding butter would not be much different for you than adding cream would be.
    I have tried adding butter because it is part of the Bulletproof coffee recipe, but I still wanted some cream/milk added anyway. It is kind of like having the taste and mouth-feel of cream, without actually having cream, and since I wanted cream anyway, I didn’t add butter after I tried it. It was about the same as adding the coconut oil, and either way, you have to put the coffee in the blender or the oily part just floats on top.

9. Marci Pankratz

Registered

Butter in coffee?? Why?

Nancy Hart likes this.