Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Bill Boggs, Aug 23, 2016.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You make me glad I don't have a larger house.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Nothing new here. I'm still using the electric percolator coffeepot that I bought a couple of years ago, and I'm still subscribed to Black Rifle Coffee and still like everything they send me. I don't have such a large backlog of coffees anymore, though. Since winter came, I've been drinking more coffee than I did during the summer.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. John Brunner

When I was in Walmart the other day, I noticed that they are now carrying Black Rifle coffee. I just did a quick count. My Walmart has over 30 of their products in stock on the store's shelf. You can also sign up for Auto-Delivery on Walmart's website.

That's a huge leap for B.R. to take.

Mary Stetler and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I love Community coffee, but not with chicory. Never chicory in any coffee, please. Now that WaWa stores are opening up in North Jersey, I have tried their medium and dark roasted blends. Both are outstanding. Also available on Amazon.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice to "see" you, Lois. I hope you are feeling much better. I'll have to look for the WaWa coffee on Amazon.

Lois Winters likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, I snapped out of it and didn't buy the Keurig K-Cafe. I seriously have a coffee maker issue and no more counter space.

Lois Winters likes this.
  7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey Beth, guess what? I bought 2 pair of Kizik shoes my physical therapist recommended for my balance. Well, It is like night and day. No more cane, no more walker, and no more staggering. There is something in the solid stated manufacturing process that makes this shoe fit like a glove and keep you upright and balanced. Best investment I've made in a long time. They do advertise a lot now for everyone, but initially, they were concentrating on seniors and kids. Now, I am healing slowly, the fractured rib still gives me some grief on and off, but, I'll get there.

I hope you find that WaWa coffee and give it a try. The stronger blend is best. I sit and savor it each morning. They are down the shore here, primarily in NJ, and we used to run to the store and buy a cup. But, we drank it on the run all the time, and I never really notice that until someone gave me a bag of beans. I ground them to where I liked the taste and it sold me. But, now I find that the ground dark blend is great.

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Wow, those shoes sound great, Lois! I'm happy to hear that they are helping with your balance, and glad the ribs are slowly improving.

I love good coffee so I will definitely look for it. Dark roasts are my favorite.

Lois Winters and John Brunner like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

John Brunner likes this.
  10. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hope I'm not jumping in out of turn...just like to make a comment on the subject of coffee. My mother didn't like coffee and wouldn't have it in the house, so I never drank it as a child. It wasn't until I was a teenager and had frothy coffee in a glass cup that I had the chance to try it.
    Whoever came up with the idea of the one-cup coffee pod machine deserves an accolade. Perfect for those of us who live alone.

11. John Brunner

My mother was British and I grew up drinking tea (I still have a daily cuppa, but it's gotta be the good stuff.) My father had one cup of coffee before heading off to work, but that was the extent of his coffee drinking at home I had my first cup of coffee when I started working at 18 years of age. Those single cup makers are great for the office, too. There's no argument over who took the last cup,and there are no burnt pots to stink the place up.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I ordered a new k-cup variety with my grocery order. "Cafe Bustelo" in the espresso "style". It's actually pretty good coffee, so I'm ordering a bag o'beans to see how those brew up.

upload_2024-1-25_23-3-2.jpeg

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I went to a simple pour over cone with unbleached paper filters. To minimize caffeine I make weak half-caf, so at that point the quality of coffee doesn't matter much, and I just buy a store brand.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I am trying a special blend of coffee and chicory that is limited edition container because of Marci Gras. I have been drinking the instant chicory in the afternoons and evenings, since it has no coffee/caffeine and is delicious, especially when a little dark cocoa is added to it.
    Since this is part regular coffee, it will be a morning coffee drink for me, and afterwards, I will have the pretty canister to reuse.

IMG_5987.jpeg

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

My coffee arrived today, and I am having my first cup of it. Mr. Bobby said to use about a third cup of hot milk, so I did that and a little sweetener, and it is pretty good, but a lot stronger roast than I have been used to drinking. The flavor is more like French Roast. It should be fine for a breakfast coffee, but I think that I definitely like a light roast coffee flavor better than the dark roast.
    I used to really like French Roast but I guess I have gotten over liking that burned taste as much as I used to and prefer a more mellow roast instead. In any case, it is an adventure, and I will enjoy it !

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.