Continue The Story

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Allison Schuck, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

No Australian accent tells me you left America for some adventure in the wilds of the Aussie inland Terence. You followed many to the rich western goldfields. I too tried some mining at Kalgoolie.. no dice.. no more than my train fare back to Sydney and an engagement ring for my fiancee.......

2. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You're a real romantic Craig. Good on you.

3. Craig Wilson

Registered

So Terence we are now in suspense waiting on Shirley's wild revelation. Any idea what she has in mind?

4. Terence Eames

Registered

Craig, my mining gut told me to get some gear which we did like the ropes, chain, pulleys..cement...tools..axes..dynamite... picks, spades, buckets..all on Bruce's back.
    I off load him every night.

Later we found the map and the Money Tree is in the SW corner with a Spade next to it! Mining and digging I reckon that shows. I may be psychotic? no, Psychic?

Anyway, keep that revolver oiled and loaded I lent you.
    You too Shirley with that small calibre 8 shot handgun I loaned you too. I'll check it for you. Louise, here's a sharp knife, just in case. Keep them all hidden too, you too Ernie, specially with the Injuns, I reckon?

5. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

im sure Shirley will have a great revelation..!! She is so very smart!!. I cling to her every word! smileys-happy-608788.gif
    Not to worry about the sharp knife or the guns.. i will keep them hidden in my side pocket. People will just think i have a pair of hips , just like two battle ships. LMAO.gif .. kinda reminds me of an old song i use to know. well,best get my own gear ready,,

Craig Wilson likes this.
  6. Craig Wilson

Registered

Tragedy struck the expedition when Ernie wandered off and fell into quicksand and drowned despite efforts by Terence and Craig to save him..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  7. Louise Miller

Registered

2n8q688_th.gif Oh my God!!

8. Terence Eames

Registered

Poor Ernie, what a dreadful way to go.
    We tried really hard to save him, so hard, but he couldn't get his arms out to grab the rope. Bruce could have pulled him out if only he'd been able to grab the rope.
    I'm really upset. We can't even recover his body to give him a decent burial.
    I think we should make a warning sign, and mention Ernie. RIP Ernie.

9. Craig Wilson

Registered

Yes Terence quick thinking by you to attach a rope to Bruce but all too late. Louise said she heard a strangled like shout. The quicksand sucked Ernie under before we were able to get to him. Only his arm was above the surface which Craig grabbed.

We did ask Ernie to stay with the rest of the group but he was a stubborn old codger. A kind touch the RIP sign too.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  10. Craig Wilson

Registered

No word from Shirley. We are all waiting on your explosive ending with bated breath y'all.

11. Louise Miller

Registered

im at the point of getting worried now.. she should of been back here a few days ago..! holymoly.gif

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My explosive ending involved poor Ernie dying a tragic death. Now that he is gone, I need a brave volunteer to take his place. Who wants to volunteer first? :D

Ernie RIP.jpg

13. Terence Eames

Registered

I will volunteer Shirley.
    Let me know what you want me to do.

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Terence, it's really courageous of you to volunteer to make the supreme sacrifice but we need you to continue our story. :) So our brave Indian Brave will go to meet the Great Spirit. :)

So here we go:

As we approached the money tree, our Indian guide pulled a knife from his pouch and said, "Get back! The money is all mine! Bwahaha! All mine!" Then he ran to the Money Tree and started grabbing bills with both hands. Then the curse of the money tree that Crazy Uncle Eddie warned us about struck. The curse says that anyone who is not pure of heart that touches the Money Tree will be struck by lightening. The Indian's greed brought him to a tragic end.
    :(

tree money.png

tree lightning.jpg

tree lightning 1.jpg

So ends our search for the Money Tree.

We made our way back to Crazy Uncle Eddie's cabin and decided to go fishin' in the stream behind the cabin. But Look! What is that shiny looking rock we see?

PA150765_zps0h2r5ktk (2)_LI.jpg

Can it be gold????????

https://deq.nc.gov/.../geoscience-education/gold-of-nc
    Gold has been an important part of North Carolina’s history since 1799, the date of the first authenticated discovery of gold in the United States. North Carolina was the nation’s only gold-producing state from 1803 until 1828, and continued as a leading producer until 1848 when gold was discovered in California.
    Experts think only 5 percent of the gold in North Carolina has been found.
    A lot of the undiscovered gold is in local creek beds and in people's back yards, experts say, and there's a growing rush to find it.

Can it???????

15. Craig Wilson

Registered

..and here we were all thinking that the tree was so called because Crazy Uncle Eddie had buried his stash under it when the money was actually growing on its branches. Shirley we have to hope that is GOLD in the stream......

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021