Coronavirus, Freedom Of Religion, And The Right To Freely Assemble

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

So, to some it is okay to burn down a church where there is no hard evidence that anyone will get hurt by going to the services but it’s not okay to burn down an abortion clinic where babies are killed every day.

Seems a little lop sided but as long as I know the rules I will try to adjust my thinking processes.

Al Amoling likes this.
  2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trust me, I am not in favor of arson or violence from anybody. I know that evidence of "group spread" is anecdotal ,but that don't mean it ain't correct! Nobody, I mean nobody is trying to violate your rights. Bullshit! Case after case of proven mass gathering spreads are on record. Evangelical Christians are chief among the offenders. Why the push back? Just doesn't make sense to me. God will still know you love him, He isn't so jealous that he needs a rally to sustain his power is he?
    Just give it a bit and things will come around!

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Well said Pete but here’s the deal.
    Some if not most Pentecostals are known for a few things and one of them is that they believe that if they aren’t in the house of the Lord on a given day, it’s a sin and with that they also believe in loss of Salvation. Combine the two and add that God will provide safety to His faithful and you have a good recipe for the reason those people in particular will outright refuse any and all edicts that keep them out of their house of worship.

I’m nondenominational and understand that there’s some wiggle room but my grandfather was a Pentecostal pastor so I also understand how unshakable they can be.
    Whilst burning down that building saddened all and probably infuriated most of the congregation, if anything else it also made them all even more steadfast than they were before the arsonist(s) performed his and / or her act.

Ephesians chapter six proclaims that “we do not battle with flesh and blood but against powers, principalities and things of the air” so you can best bet that that church will gather again whether at another building or a tent this next week.
    All that arsonist did was to make the congregation of that church stronger and more convicted that what they are doing is right.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Although the "Church" is really not a building...but all those who have become beloved children of God by their Redemption through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ....still there are those that just cannot separate those two things...and they definitely should not be denied the right to gather together for worship...nor should anyone have the right to burn down the place they gather to worship in.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered