Country Music Concert Terror Attack

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Jeff Tracy, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

A video is making the rounds that shows what looks to be the same guy wearing a pink vagina hat at an anti-Trump rally. Until it can be determined whether or not it is him (the media wouldn't tell us if they knew), I have posted it in the conspiracies area.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The parents of a freshman at Cal Poly ( university where my grandson goes) were at that concert and are in the hospital.

They're from Santa Barbara, CA. The dad has a stomach wound ..the mom's head was grazed buy bullets.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Seems they found a lot of weapons at his house in Mesquite. SWAT teams are going into another house of his in N. Nevada. Just learned this at the latest press conference.

4. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    Alleged Las Vegas concert gunman Stephen Paddock was a wealthy former accountant who seemed to be living a quiet retirement in a desert community.
    The 64-year-old, of Mesquite, Nevada, had a pilot's and hunting licence and no criminal record, said authorities.
    But one former neighbour said the suspect was a professional gambler and "weird".
    There was reason to believe Paddock had a history of psychological problems, a US official told Reuters news agency.
    He killed himself as police stormed the room where 10 guns were found.
    Investigators have found no link to international terrorism, despite a claim from so-called Islamic State.
    In an address from the White House, President Donald Trump described the attack as "pure evil".
    He praised the efforts of the emergency services, saying their "miraculous" speed saved lives, and announced he would be visiting Las Vegas on Wednesday.
    With First Lady Melania by his side, he later observed a moment of silence on the White House lawn.
    The final shows of the three-day Route 91 country music festival were in full swing when the gunman struck.
    Thousands were enjoying a performance by top-billing singer Jason Aldean when the first of several bursts of automatic gunfire rang out - hundreds of shots, witnesses say. That was late on Sunday night - 22:08 local time (05:08 GMT on Monday).
    Hundreds of concert-goers scrambled for cover, flattening themselves against the ground, rushing for the exits or helping others to escape as Paddock sprayed the site from his high vantage point.

5. Jeff Tracy

Registered

This is the Mesquite house, looks creepy and impersonal.

[​IMG]

6. Jeff Tracy

Registered

7. Jeff Tracy

Registered

Seems kinda irresponsible to leave it so easy ;
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Jeff Tracy

Registered

EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS

Professional poker player and Instagram star Dan Bilzerian, who was at the concert, said on his IG story that he saw the shooting unfold and witnessed a girl getting shot right in front of him.

"Holy f-k this girl just got shot in the f-king head," Bilzerian said.

"So f-king crazy…So I had to go grab a gun, I'm f-king heading back…Some kind of mass shooting…Guy had a heavy caliber weapon for sure…Saw a girl f-king get shot in the face right next to me, her brains f-king hanging out."

In one video, an eruption of semiautomatic firing can be heard as the band plays. The band then breaks off as panic spreads.

"Oh my God, something's happening. Get down, get down," one woman can be heard saying.

Australian Brian Hodge, who was born in Wagga Wagga but now lives in the USA, said he was forced to take cover in the bushes outside the Mandalay Bay hotel when the shooter opened fire.

"I'm OK, hiding in bushes, ran outside the hotel," he told News Corp Australia from outside the hotel.

Hodge, who is in Las Vegas with his staff, said that he expected to remain in hiding for a while.

"It's going to be a long time before I get to a safe place, this place is in lockdown," he said.

An Australian witness staying at the Mandalay Bay hotel told CNN there was mayhem following the sound of machine gun fire.

"The initial gun shots were machine gun fire," he said. "We knew it was chaos and mayhem because people were running out of everywhere."

He also described the confusion when police came across a group of guests taking cover.

"We were tucked away, about 12 of us, in a carpark thing, and the SWAT team came and said hands up," he said.

"We didn't know where the shooter [was]. We knew [the police] were confused like we were. Police ushered us out."

Jon Bessette told NBC news he was attending the Route 91 music festival when he heard gunshots around 10pm local time. "The band ran off stage and it was pandemonium," Bessette said. "Everyone was running, people were getting trampled."

Artists performing at the open-air concert have tweeted their alarm at the shooting.

"We heard a round of (fire from) a machine gun, and people just started dropping," an eyewitness of the shooting told NBC News. "As people were running people were shooting ... no-one was safe."

"They were firing from somewhere high, and they were unloading clip after clip after clip after clip," a witness told Nathan O'Neal, a reporter for a local news station, KSNV News.

"It was hundreds of shots ... There were bullets flying everywhere. Everybody was running. It was really, really bad," he said.

"They were firing from somewhere high and they were unloading clip after clip after clip. Multiple shooters, has to be.

"There were obviously people hit. We saw one getting CPR in a truck.

"It sounded like two firecrackers ended up being hundreds of shots. It sounded like a firecracker and then didn't sound like a firecracker. "

His female companion described the chaotic scenes in the concert:

"There bullets ricocheting around my feet because we all got on the floor, crawling out, rushing. I just thought it was something technical, something wrong with the stage then everyone started rushing out," she said.

Twitter user StreetBeetle told Newshub a friend, who used to be in the military, "knew instantly it was an automatic weapon".

He said there's "lots of panic" and the hotel had sent people to the basement and to their rooms.

"It still seems very nuts. The MGM is now on lockdown and everyone is crying and panicking."

9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

My own philosophy regarding such attacks is difficult for others to understand, but I'll voice it anyway.

Why, invariably, is such demented behavior directed toward people not able to defend themselves?

If the guy HAD to shoot at someone, why not, say, shoot at a police station?

Frank

10. Jeff Tracy

Registered

Hi Frank, you are making the mistake of looking for logic in the cesspit of a sociopaths bat-shit-crazy mind.
    ;
    [​IMG]

Frank Sanoica and Holly Saunders like this.
  11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

CNN up to their shit again
    CNN Claims Trump Only Visiting Vegas Because Victims Were Trump Supporters

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hey, most of the houses in my neighborhood look like that....

You have to realize, where he lived is mostly desert.

Many of the houses in my neighborhood are choosing to remove grass that they couldn't keep green in the drought to put in rocks and succulents and cacti.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Harry Havens and Frank Sanoica like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Think I'll just wait until more info comes out from investigators. Like, his motive. That is if anyone he knew might know anything. How he got the weapons into the room from the lobby and where he hid them. Housekeepers don't open doors to closets, unless the person/persons have checked out. Were the rooms so "sound proof" that nobody on the floor heard the windows being broke? Was his room the only one on the floor occupied?

I know there are folks that own firearms, but he had an arsenal of them, which included both the room and his home.

To many unanswered questions that many people can only "assume" answers for.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    "I know there are folks that own firearms, but he had an arsenal of them, which included both the room and his home."

True. However, the number of firearms he had is a rather moot point, is it not? He could only shoot one at any given time.
    Frank

15. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Truth. The original Police submission stated they found 10 firearms in the guy's room. Yesterday the reporting media had the number at 17; today it's 23. This makes public reaction all the more incensed? Doesn't work with me. I ask for truthful and non-judgmental reporting, as the intent of news was originally laid out. Today, that's gone.
    Frank