Crowd Vs Logic

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Peter are you in a real world or not. If someone smashed down your front gate with a no trespassing sign and threatening you life and property. To show you have a gun to protect yourself against people who are threatening you on your property. Yes the people who enter the property were also armed what happened to them??

Lois Winters likes this.
  2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Well Martin; Please point me to any report that alleges any protester / trespasser ,had or brandished a fire arm. Maybe I missed it.
    They did not take down the gate to their house. They did take down the one to the street, you know the one with the little booth and the attendant.
    As I understand it, the protesters did not step off the common area.

Now I can understand the angst of the homeowners,but, it's a big one and the only one that matters; they violated the law plain and simple,in my opinion. Now if the protester had left the commons and breached the personal property lines, then these folks would have been golden. But and especially being attorneys they should have recognized and adhered to the fine points of the law.

Yep it sucks that life and law is not cut and dried, black or white, on or off.

3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

4. Peter Renfro

Registered

Ok, That article does nothing but substantiate what I said.

5. Martin Alonzo

Registered

One fellow standing right in front of me pulled out two pistol magazines, clicked them together and said 'you’re next.' That was the first death threat we got that night,”
    logic - I guess you carry pistol magazines when you do not have a pistol. The gate they broke was then enter private property the road they were on was private property. So the idea that they were not on his property was a lie. 300 people against 2

6. Peter Renfro

Registered

No NO NO! They were on private property in that they were trespassing on HOA land. They were not encroaching on the couples property. Brandishing magazines is not an actionable threat. Magazines are not weapons.
    Sorry Martin law is law!

7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Logic - would say that these groups of BLM and antifa who broke down gates known for burning building and painting graffiti on everything, destroying statues, also killing people. Just entered that property to make friends or conniving someone they are nice people.
    Crowd - of 300 people following BLM and antifa.
    I cannot see how you can condone such things like this Peter.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Whilst the Castle doctrine does specify that one can protect themselves in their own home, it’s a grey area when it comes to the property the home is sitting upon.
    The court system will sort it all out provided the defendants are still alive to sue but that really isn’t what I’m the most concerned about.

Are you advocating for BLM, a self proclaimed Marxist organization? Moreover, are you a Marxist?
    It’s a given that black lives do matter but the organization itself isn’t necessarily about black lives.

Lois Winters and Martin Alonzo like this.
  9. Peter Renfro

Registered

I really don't know exactly what BLM is. I know what you and your team say it is and I know what they and their sponsors say it is. Both sides are lying, or shall I say lobbying.
    To my eyes BLM tends to jump the gun on some cases,and end up with egg on their face. I know your side paints every single incident on BLM.
    I most definitely know without a shadow off a doubt that policing needs to be reformed from the bottom up. I know without a shadow of doubt that people of color get screwed every day of their lives in this country and always have.
    Is rioting and destruction a legitimate protest? When was the last time you paid attention to a flyer on the street. Rioting and destruction are crimes and should remain so,but it is also a wonderful smack up back the head.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Quote "I know your side paints every single incident on BLM" "I know what you and your team" I have no idea of what team you are talking about. We know that not all painting of graffiti is done by BLM. As far as blacks are depressed just after having a black president come on. You might have used this BS before that but if a Black man can be president how high of an office before you wake up. The blacks have been taken advantaged by the people who had them as slaves and still do. That is the democrat party.Look at where the most injustice for blacks happen is in the democrat controlled ares.

Al Amoling likes this.
  11. Peter Renfro

Registered

Yes your team, conservatives, regressives, republicans, libertarians.
    You truly believe that no person of color has been unjustly killed,discriminated against,was not treated equally in a job interview?
    Obama was elected not because he is black,but for his intelligence, his education, his calm steady demeanor,his respect for all people,not just his supporter. His utmost respect for the rule of law .
    Where are your statistics proof any thing except your gut that most injustice is in democratic areas?

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Crowd have power this is the group think Idea. Once you joint a group you can be swede very easily. These people trying to take over the US are using this. One going to a group BLM or rioting is OK but going to church is not. Churches promote non violence so that in their minds has to be stopped. Only anti USA groups are allowed and non violent people can not be in group.

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Seems to me that if I look at history it’s pretty much been the Democratic party that has sustained those inequalities you are writing about. I do not have to go on statistics, I can produce names and dates and all sorts of stuff that Democrat leaders and their followers have done to those of color in order to suppress an equal stance.

Now, as far as Obama? I’m not even going to go there.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  15. Peter Renfro

Registered

And Bobby, You know as well as I and every other person in the US that the Dems and Repubs have totally changed sides in the last 150 years. To compare the parties of 1862 to today is disingenuous by any standard. You are an intelligent man Bobby and this is really beneath you, and insulting any one with a modicum of historical knowledge.

Nancy Hart likes this.