Cutie and Lydia, Ella Too

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Most dachshunds will have back issues, hope Pickles won't but I doubt it. They say not to eevn let them jump up on things but I just never could teach him not too. Like a chair or couch. To have steps but I'd need a lot of them.

2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

My little Doxie terrier mix had back issues, but not until he got older. The poor little thing looked like he had rickets or something the last year of his life. My poor baby..we miss him, but he is in a better place I am sure.
    It was miserable to see him all bent up, but maybe not all doxie's are affected like that. I hope Pickles isn't.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I hope he won't be...he's fine now but I worry, especially since I wasn't careful like they say to be with jumping.

How old was he, @K E Gordon?

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Ella is fastidious. She cleans up after the older cats the best she can, and she makes demands of me. She will tell me if Lydia has had an accident somewhere. Then, after I've cleaned it up, she'll inspect my work and make digging motions if she doesn't think I did a good enough job of it. This morning we went to Bangor so I hadn't emptied the litter boxes before I left, as I usually do. After we got home, I heard someone digging in a litter box. It went on and on and on, and louder and louder. It turned out that it was Ella, and she was trying to get my attention to the fact that the boxes needed to be emptied. As soon as I walked into the litter box room she walked out, and came back later to make sure I had done a good job of it.

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

ella-basket.jpg

Here's Ella, on our stairs.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

She seems to have figured out how not to tip her basket over, by the looks of the picture. She is such a pretty little kitty.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

That's a stair basket that is resting on both steps, so it's not quite as precarious as it looks.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

She's got you trained and figured out! :) It's funny how they have their ways of telling us things. Pickles food and water bowls are porcelain and if on eis empty he'll just whine but if I ignore the whine because I'm in the middle of writing an email or posting on a forum he'll start pushing them with his nose and making such racket and doesn't stop til I fill whatever he wants.

For some reason he doesn't like when I'm on the phone either, that's when he decides he wants to play, go out, bark whatever. I really don't understand his reasoning on that one.

He also shows me he's angry about something by going to his bed and trying to tear it apart. I go through a lot of beds.

At least he doesn't show his anger by pooping somewhere....that would be worse. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

We have another one who does that, although I don't know if it's necessarily behavioral. Lydia has always been a flake. Now she's an old flake who isn't entirely healthy.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Pickles is psycho....

11. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL!! What a great story, true story;) That is a very advanced age for kitties. Reminds me of a fave movie I watch every once in awhile called The Whales of August. Lillian Gish, Anne Sothern and Betti Davis. Oh, and Vincent Price was awesome in it. I think it may have been each of their last movies. I'm not positive about that.

I have a good friend from highschool days that has been rescuing persians for years now. She has as many as 4 at a time. She's constantly posting pics of them doing silly things. I don't think a home is truly a home without an animal or two, or three, or four, lol;)

12. Denise Evans

Registered

13. Ken Anderson

That was an old post. They were born in December of 1990.

Denise Evans likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

I saw that halfway through reading the posts;) So they are still going!! I need to get a pet, sometime. I don't know when, but I know I will one day:)

15. Ken Anderson

Cutie still bosses around the three year-old, and chases her around the house playing with her. Lydia doesn't do much of anything anymore, sadly.