Cutie and Lydia, Ella Too

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The heart knows love that's for sure. The other day I was rereading Genesis where God created the animals and said that He looked at the animals He made and said it was a good thing. And ever since that day man has found out how good not just his helpmate is, but how good a helpmate some of those animals are too. :)

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Gosh @Ken Anderson it sound like she thought she was your wife....and didn't want to make room for another. ;) I know Michelle set Lydia straight about that! :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I know I'll miss Pickles terribly when he dies, so much so that I don't even want to think about it but we are like the Bickersons, lol

He drives me crazy most of the time and he's the reason I don't get a good nights sleep anymore...ever since he moved into my room at night it's like having a newborn.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

By the way @Ken Anderson was Michelle able to make it home from Bangor yet? If not, maybe Lydia is paying attention to you because she thinks you put Michelle out! ;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Could be. She hadn't gotten home yet when she came up here, and she did quit purring after Michelle came home, while she was up here talking to me.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL Just like a woman! :D

7. Ken Anderson

Yeah, I can empathize. I get sore staying in one position at night but I stay on my back far longer than is comfortable just because Ella settles in by my legs, and I hate to disappoint her. When I do finally have to turn over onto my side, she leaves. She usually comes back, though.

Most nights, I'll have Ella lying over my legs while Cutie is by my side. Since Cutie has gone deaf, she wants to see me looking at her. While I used to be able to read, holding my Kindle with one hand, while having the other around Cutie and talking to her, now she wants me to look at her and to pet her with both hands. She will poke the hand holding the Kindle as if to ask, "What's the matter with this hand? Is it broken?"

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well you will know if that is what it was if Lydia decides now that Michelle is home, she will go off and be independent again and let you get back to work. :)

9. Ken Anderson

She's still here, going on nine hours now.

Chrissy Cross and Babs Hunt like this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It must be hard at times being the only male in your home @Ken Anderson with all those females vying for your attention. ;)

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Until Cutie and Lydia's great-grandmother, I had always had male cats. Someone left a small female kitten on my closed, but unlocked, porch one day. I named her Cousin, and she had the temperament of Lydia. I kept one of her kittens, whom I named Little Girl. I kept one of her kittens, who was Baby Girl, the mother of Cutie and Lydia, and I kept Cutie and Lydia because there were four black cats in that litter, and I had to be careful who I gave black cats to in the Rio Grande Valley because people could be strange about black cats. A lot of people practiced Santeria, and that involve ritual sacrifices, for which black cats might be used. So whenever I had a black kitten, I made doubly sure that I knew the person I was giving it to. There were other people who were otherwise superstitious about black cats, so they were harder to find good homes for. By then, Cutie and Lydia were part of the family.

12. Ken Anderson

I started to get up to go to the bathroom, and Lydia tried to grab my leg. I went to the bathroom, came back, and then Lydia left, apparently going downstairs to the litter box. Then she came back up, and here we are. She decided she could use a bathroom break too.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

They drive us crazy but we will sure miss that when they are gone. :(

Pickles makes me laugh so that's his saving grace when I start thinking how much easier my life would be without a dog.

I live 20 mins and a straight shot on only one street to Yosemite international airport but I have to drive 3 hrs to my daughter's to drop Pickles off and then the next day she drives me an hour to San Jose international airport. I've been doing it this way for 8 years ! And Yosemite is such a small easy airport to fly out of.

14. Ken Anderson

Cats don't have quite as many maintenance requirements. That's not so true when they get old, and I have to make sure they get their supplements, enough water, and that they actually eat, as well as cleaning up after the one (Lydia) who doesn't always make it to the litter box. In her defense, she makes it into the litter box room, and I have caught Ella attacking her while she was in the litter box repeatedly, so Ella may be the one at fault for the messes on the floor. Cats feel vulnerable while they are doing their thing in the litter box, so that may be why she is cutting this time short.

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Pickles knows every trick in the book to get a treat, he's so smart and clever because of his gluttony. He knows when I put lipstick on I'm going out and I put him in his bed behind a door and he gets a treat so now if I put lipstick on he runs to his bed. Keys also make him run to his bed.

At night, the minute he hears my iPad shut he knows we're going in the bedroom and I don't know how he knows that I'm shutting it because we're going to the bedroom because I do shut it during the day and he doesn't budge.

Ken Anderson likes this.