Death Penalty -vs- Life In Prison

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Bess Barber, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you had committed a crime which would warrant a choice of the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole, which one would you choose?

I would prefer the death penalty. I absolutely could not endure a 'prison' life. No privacy, all the noise, the other inmates. It would be a living hell for me. I would rather be dead. Just get it over with.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I believe I have read that death row inmates are not in general population. I might be OK with that since I am a loner by nature and can entertain myself if I have books. Neither choice holds much attraction, though. :D

Nancy Hart and Bess Barber like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Definitely death!! I couldn't bear to be locked up. never to feel the grass under your feet, to never touch a tree, to never sit by the seashore.. to never drive a car, never even get on a bus or train, never to go into a shop , never to stroke a dog, never to visit the countryside and open fields, never to turn your own light off at night, never to choose when to have your own meals , never to make your own choices, ...nope I'd choose them to pull that switch without a shadow of any doubt!!

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

69629544_2823019147712825_9157353566266982400_n.jpg I think I'd rather be dead instead of waiting around.

5. Bess Barber

Registered

Did you know if you are on death row, they give you a full physical to make sure you are healthy enough to die? :confused:

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Let’s see now.
    I’ll take a 3 lb Porterhouse, a loaded baked potato, Brussels sprouts w/ sauce Bernaise, Cherries Jubilee for dessert and a bottle of Chateau Margaux. The ‘34 would be nice but the 2000 will do.
    Yeah, skip the salad, not enough room for it.

Nuff said?

Bess Barber and Jerry Adams like this.
  7. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Veteran Member
    Registered

Lucky for me, I don't see me ever having to make that choice. Probably death and not twenty plus years down the road
    My contribution to society by not having to house, feed, care for medical needs or my rehabilitation concerns that I will never use.Society should not have to pay for my :)upkeep for long.

Bess Barber and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bess Barber

Registered

@Bobby Cole I think it would be difficult to enjoy a last meal under the circumstances regardless of what it was. However, your choice was excellent!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not only do I prefer the D.P, but the cost to the taxpayers for life imprisonment is unwarranted.

$60K year, just to keep a murderer in good health?

Hal

Faye Fox likes this.