Defunding The Police, And Other Absurdities

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Beth Gallagher, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, what a great idea. Let's just do away with those losers altogether. :rolleyes: What in the world are people thinking???

Remember back in the day-- "Stop the world, I want to get off?" Well, that's me... now. I'm tired of the insanity, people.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The problem is they are not thinking. Their mouths are running but their brains are not in gear. That happens a lot with politicians. They say what they think their voters want to hear. But I doubt if any of them seriously intend to follow through with their promises. That happens a lot with politicians, too.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Link to article.

So where is the political accountability?
    The police report to the Chief, who is appointed by the Mayor. They do not exist in a vacuum.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Your quote is truly amazing to me 'cos yesterday that phrase entered my head many times

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Under the “other absurdities” part of the OP, the latest is that we can protest and do it without fear of getting the rona.

Around 1,200 medical professionals have signed on to inform the public that whilst protesting to get your rights back or trying to go to church is dangerous, the same cannot be said about protesting racial injustice.
    They further warned officials not to make the threat of catching Covid-19 a reason for preventing any further protests if they are about racial inequality and justice.

So, what I can take from that is that protesting and or rioting if it is in conjunction with BLM concerns is indeed safe from any viral health risks whilst going to church could infect and eventually kill me.

Yes, there really are educated idiots in our midst !!

6. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am glad they came up with de-funding the police. The entire iceberg has risen to the surface and not 10%.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, let's see what will have to any big/major city when there is either no police department or brought down to a very small one. When officers are told "if a person tries to resist arrest, just let them go. Don't try to detain them at all." "If you see a suspect reach for something in their waist band, let them grab it and use it. Just get out of the way of the bullet!"

Pretty much insane, but that's what protesters want.

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, when I think about the fact that the police are arresting violent protesters who are in turn released without charges immediately... why bother? Just remove that pesky "middle man" with the badge and let the looters take over.

Lois Winters likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Would make things interesting, but.........just think of how business owners would feel. Weird, but some of the business owners that had their store looted and burned to the ground, were of the black race.

10. John Brunner

Truth is quite dead, and it infuriates me to see this country destroyed merely out of hatred of freedom.

11. John Brunner

Minneapolis is going to be like Detroit.

Anyone worth a damn is going to flee as fast as they can, and there will be no businesses left because they will not be able to afford the new & improved insurance premiums.

The thing to look out for is what plans are put forth. This all happened too fast. There was already a "New Reality" ready to be injected when the City Council decided to do this. And I believe that DC has decided to divert monies from the cops to more "programs¹"

¹Programs in America are the functional equivalent of Foreign Aid. Despots get rich stealing the funds when the needy shall forever be kept in that state. Those in charge of fixing the problem have a vested interest in the problem's continued existence.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Perhaps they wish to pattern their policing policy after several towns in Mexico whereby there are no police.
    No one owns a firearm because no one is permitted to have a firearm except for those whom the cartels have “employed” to carry one.
    No one goes to jail for breaking the law because when one breaks the law and is caught, one simply disappears.
    Everyone works for the cartel and lives by the rules of the cartel.

I think that could work! MS-13 gets Minneapolis, the bloods take over Chicago, BLM can have New York and Antifa can have Los Angeles and Portland with George Soros in charge of money distribution.
    Might have to hire Disney for crowd control and put the Mafia in charge of debt collection though. They are, after all, experts at what they do.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The head of a New York state police union has hit out at both lawmakers and the media for treating the police like “animals and thugs”, and vilifying the profession.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Don't worry about defunding the police department. The very wealthy will be able to afford private security, and they won't live in those places anyhow.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  15. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

In a moment of passion someone blurted out to de-fund the police, then it became a "thing" and a slogan.

Bill Boggs likes this.