Defunding The Police, And Other Absurdities

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Beth Gallagher, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, Just my opinion, but there are some very unstable people out there, many of them armed, all walks of life,with as many different ends in mind. Some have a "cause" some are just thugs and psychopaths. Many are disenfranchised white men. Many are white supremists. There is no room for an unauthorized militia to unilaterally decide that their personal litany of grievances is theirs to correct. That is anarchy at its best, insurrection at its worst.
    The President any presidents job is to be a negotiator,to foment peace and harmony, to smooth the road ahead. To the nation into that Shining City on a Hill.
    He has never loudly clearly and plainly denounced any right wing group. Even the ones that homeland Security, the FBI and DoJ consider domestic terrorist groups. The bad part about it is,in my mind is not about his beliefs and principles, but his reelection.
    You have to admit that some, I think many of trumps base are kindred spirits with these groups in moral if not material support.

2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

He has never loudly clearly and plainly denounced any right wing group.

Nonsense.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree with you, @Peter Renfro , that there are unstable and dangerous people, and there is no difference whether these people are far- left or far-right; if they are creating riots and threatening people and disrupting peace, then they need to be stopped.
    Some of the people in these groups are black, some are white, some are Hispanic, and maybe a few of them are Asian, although I don’t remember seeing any of those in the pictures of the rioters.
    The president has to try and walk a thin line with this situation. If he sends law enforcement to stop the riots, he is accused of overstepping his boundaries. If he does not do something to stop the riots, then he is accused of not caring, or even of approving of them.

What really upsets me , is that these unstable people , use the riots as a way to destroy the life and businesses and homes of black people, while at the same time saying that they are working to help black people. Many of the area where we have had the rioting and burning have been areas where poor people of any race live, and the small business owners of these areas will never be able to rebuild their homes and businesses again.
    The white people who are leading this are (deliberately) using black people to harm black people, who think that they are helping to restore rights that they should have.

I see Trump’s reelection as the best possible future for this country and ALL of the people here, and would be happy to discuss that topic, but I do not wish to take this thread off-topic.
    I do not see Trump supporters as “kindred spirits” with any kind of violence, @Peter Renfro , but the majority of us are happy and peaceful people, who just want a world where everyone has a chance for a peaceful life.
    This is much more representative of how Trump supporters show their support, with parades and boat parades, rather than protests.

EF0795A6-332D-4964-9EF3-3EA28FC9DB9F.jpeg

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, maybe it just didn’t occur as LOUDLY as you would like but here are 17 times that Donald Trump has denounced everything on the Democrat list and more.
    I Personally heard him denounce David Duke and the KKK starting way back when he was campaigning in 2015 not once, but several times with 2 of them when he was debating with the other Republican candidates before the primaries,
    https://speakingaboutnews.com/17-times-donald-trump-has-condemned-racism-and-white-supremacy/

Again, do the research.,.........

And an “oh yeah” has to come up like: Which Presidential Candidate gave a eulogy back in 2005 for a certain KKK recruiter by the name of Byrd? Hint.....it wasn’t D. Trump

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Terry Coywin and Dwight Ward like this.
  5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

So what happened to all these "oppressed" rioters?

They went away on November 4.

7. Yvonne Smith

Actually, they did not go away, @John Brunner . In fact, they have set up another one of those “autonomous zones “ in Portland, and are asking for law enforcement to be killed.
    Andy Gno is an independent reporter, and I see his information about the riots posted on facebook almost every day.
    Most of the other riots do seem to have stopped, but once the election fraud is overthrown and Trump is starting his second term as president, then they will probably try to start up more riots all over again.

A67DD8ED-4C9C-4C7E-946D-BE5FB355E1A5.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

How in the heck can a group just be permitted to "take over" part of a city?

Never mind. I forgot that "Occupy" already broke that ground.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Almost every day, Andy Ngo posts pictures on facebook about the rioters who have been arrested, and most of the time the charges are dropped, and they go back to protest more. About the only time I have seen actual charges is when the rioters were arrested by the state or federal law enforcement, and then they went to jail.
    This new zone is apparently because of an empty house that had squatters in it. When the squatters were given violation notices and told to leave, then the Antifa people set up the AZ to protect the squatters from actually being evicted from the house.

This must be really frustrating for the police officers to deal with. They try to protect the people living in that area, and when they arrest some of the rioters, then they know that the prosecuting attorney is going to just drop the charges and let them go.

Look at the mugshots of these people ! It always seems like they do their utmost to look as ugly as possible. None of them are someone you would invite to have dinner with your family. And they all have that same look of hatred, just like the liberals who have the TDS and are hating and screaming.

https://thepostmillennial.com/portland-rhaz-arrestees-charges-dropped

Terry Coywin likes this.
  10. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Remind me not to invite these misfits to Christmas dinner.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

DETROIT--Detroit Police Chief James Craig says he's launching an investigation after a 911 call about a robbery in progress was allegedly put on hold for 40 minutes, CBS Detroit reports.

The station says early on Wednesday morning, two thieves crashed a vehicle into the windows of a local grocery store, Lafayette Foods, and took off with a safe filled with narcotics from the pharmacy.
    https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/n...0-minutes-investigation-launched/83-298002054

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Vada Bloom, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Now, just what part of California are you talking about? Southern, Central or Northern? We have never seen so many California license plates, most likely of people living here now, like we see here in Henderson.

14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

The entire state - as the governor is the main problem. lmo

15. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

Has anyone watched this? The Fall of Minneapolis.

Don Alaska likes this.