Did He Say It Or Not?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The disparagement of Trump regardless of what was said, is H. S.
    Frank

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Registered

Whether Trump uttered that "absolutely horrible bit of vulgarity" or not, I do not care.

I have read so many articles focusing on the "vulgarity" and "crude" remark he made, it has made me wonder what sort of angels are writing those commentaries? Not only those who are writing the articles but I also wonder about those people who are and have been in office such as the Clintons, or Obama? I take it that they never cursed nor said anything derogatory that might be mistaken for a vulgar remark. Angels........every one of them.

Oh yeah, except for Obama when he was asked what he was going to do after he retired from the presidency when he said it rhymes with "bucket".
    And maybe we shouldn't know about Andrew Jackson's potty mouthed parrot or Roosevelt's comment about McArthur being a dumb Son of..............
    Or, perhaps it would not go well if everyone knew that Lyndon J not only cursed a lot but sometimes addressed his cabinet whilst sitting on the doniker. Not only did they have to listen to a lot of S......, but they had to smell it too!

Sometimes, just sometimes mind you, it is not a sinful thing to utter the appropriate and well understood words rather than those which might be construed to be something else entirely.
    The story is told of a chaplain in an Army chow line who spilled a cup of coffee on himself. He turned to the soldier next in line and said, "private, would you please shout out some appropriate expletives for me?"
    I venture to write at this time that that never ever happened. When one slams his fingers in a car door, the non cursor does not try to find someone who will be diplomatic about it but will rather exhale a barrage of adjectives that would make a sailor blush. It doesn't make the pain go away but for some reason it does seem to make things better. Heck, crap and dern just doesn't do it sometimes.

I for one, would rather have a president who says what he means, especially if the expressions happen to give a full and well understood description of the topic. The best synonyms and metaphors are those which make the reader immediately understand the intent and identity of the subject matter of the writer or speaker.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

That definition perfectly describes those places to me...sounds like Trump used the right word for those places to me.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't mind him saying what he means...but when he does say it...then he shouldn't lie and say he didn't say it.

Unless of course he is saying he did not say it the way those Vultures are saying he said it. :)

Chrissy Cross and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Registered

Trump's past performance during his campaign and afterward should be enough evidence that he is not afraid to use off color wording in his speeches and conversation. He has never before denied cursing or using language that might be rough on some ears, so why would he do so now?
    More likely the fine senator's truthfulness should be questioned rather than Trumps. IMHO........................

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

According to Ken's definition...Trump used the correct word as far as I am concerned...if people don't like that word because it's not PC...then that's their problem as they may use PC words to describe these places but in the end a rose is still a rose no matter how you describe it and the same goes for a sh-thole.

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

In my opinion he needs to control his mouth a little better....but he may never do that and then he should not deny things...that just makes it worse.

I don't understand why he gives ammunition to the other side...maybe he thinks it will distract from what he's really trying to do. :)

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

If indeed, he actually said this, it was done in a closed meeting with a group of senators, not as a public statement. There was a time when it would have been considered wrong to repeat things said in these meetings, as I am sure no one repeated private conversations that Obama had. I think it's likely that he said it, but those who feign offense are spreading BS, and those who prefer to lie and make off as if he had said this about the people in these countries are outright lying, as are those who pretend that he only included countries with large populations of black people. If these countries were not s-holes, then why are we expected to take in refugees? Why are we sending foreign aid if these are tropical paradises?

Shirley Martin likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Is there or is there not a recording of him saying it?

I just want to know and can't find the answer.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

And he also might have said it in reply to what someone else said...but of course we won't hear about what the other person...or persons said. :rolleyes:

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

But is there a recording of him saying it? Or is it Durbin saying he said it?

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

As far as I am aware, and I have looked, it's all based on something that Dick Durbin accused him of saying. I have heard from a few who said they were there, and didn't hear him use those words, but they were Republicans. I haven't heard of anyone else confirming that he said it. To me, it sounds like something he might say within a room full of people who he thought were there to discuss a problem, rather than pick at semantics. I certainly wouldn't be outraged if he said it, as it's not like he inserted it into a public speech.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks, I just wasn't sure if there was a recording of it or not.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

If there were a recording, they'd be playing it over and over again.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Daily Wire says that Dick Durbin has lied about things said in private meetings before.

16. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive called Romania a shithole country...Ive been there.

It wasn't always so but the dictators messed it up and everyone is dirt poor but it's still a beautiful country, just wouldn't want to live there.

Most people don't..I know many Romanians and they keep asking me to help them get out of there...nothing i can do. :(

My grandfather was born in Romania when it was still part of Hungary...the town where he was born.

Maybe it's my Draculan roots that cause me not to like the sunshine.:)

Don't think Draculan is a word but...

Ken Anderson likes this.
  17. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Veteran Member
    Registered

I live beside Haiti and it is a shithole and one of the people who made it that way is Hillary for stealing billions of dollars of relief that the world gave to help them

18. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

They are deliberately making it seem that he was referring to the people who live in these countries as s-holes and, however he may have worded it, he was referring to the governments and what they have turned the countries into. Since he included countries that don't have majority black populations, it is also clear that it wasn't racist. Facts are what they are, though, and it doesn't take a lot of research to find that conditions in many of the African countries are deplorable, and much of it has to do with their governments.

19. Bobby Cole

Registered

Which would be the answer to this: Why is it that an area known for having the oldest civilizations in the world with the most natural resources is also the most backward and poor area in the world?

20. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Veteran Member
    Registered

Something VERY Odd About ShitHoleGate (That NOBODY Caught)

21. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

There were six people in the room with him during the meeting in which he is alleged to have said this, and two of them have said they didn't hear him use those words. Only one has said that he did. Don't count Jeff Flake because he wasn't there.

22. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Sorry I put my answer in your quote but don't feel like fixing it...just put a line. :)

23. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

No. Of those who were in the room, only Dick Durbin. Never-Trumper, Jeff Flake, is saying that he did say it, and talking to the media about it, but Jeff Flake wasn't there. He's saying that other people in the room told him that he had said it.

24. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

My guess is that he probably said something inappropriate but that it was likely exaggerated by Durbin or taken out of context. For example, someone else - perhaps even Dick Durbin - might have said something about the s-holes some of these people are coming from, and Trump might have asked why we're only bringing in people from s-hole countries. People tend to speak differently to a small group of people than when they are on camera, or speaking to a large audience, so I don't see a reason for outrage.

Dick Durbin talks about this kind of talk harming our relationships with other countries. Well, if he hadn't felt the need to run to the television cameras, there wouldn't be any harm, so we can know he isn't concerned about that.

Shirley Martin and Chrissy Cross like this.
  25. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep...I agree.

So much time is also being wasted on this. It's not the worst thing ever said because everyone thinks it anyway.

Look at all the things Biden has said or Prince Phillip. :)

Also, it's not the people in these countries but usually the government that makes them such.

The Romanians I know are some of the nicest, kindest people Ive met.

They treated me like a part of their family and always made a big deal of me coming to visit and I bet they spent their monthly food allowance on a meal for me. It's true.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018