Dieting, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Mal Campbell, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

I promise to start my diet on September 18th. I promise...:rolleyes:
    I even downloaded a motivational diet app for my phone.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't need to "diet", we just need to watch our portions........somewhere, somebody told me that on this forum. Unfortunately, we both love to eat. Not necessarily over-indulge, but still "love to eat". Our metabolism rate is so darn low.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Woke up Saturday morning and forgot it was Saturday or forgot I was posting about west loss. I wish I could report magnificent successes this week. I can't. All I can say is I am holding my own merely taking smaller portions and occasionally feeling I am slowly starving myself. I guess it is fair to mention I splurged on my DIL birthday. We went out to Outback. That didn't do myself any favors dietwise except my hunger was satisfied for the first time in a number of days. But I'm back on the straight and narrow, again diet wise. PS. For dinner tonight I'm having a bowl of watermelon. See you all next week.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Registered

I almost forgot again today. I may have to start making myself notes. Weighed 180.2 this morning. That's taking it down a notch or two at a time. My daughter is visiting and my wife has gone out of her way to fix what Denise likes. She made a cake. I didn't try it but I feel when I walk by it sitting on the cabinet and breath deeply getting a whiff of that good aroma, I just know I've gained two pounds.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Having a piece of pie...does not make you gain weight......it is the constant nibbling of the pie until its gone....added with all the other nibblings we tend to forget...that can make you gain. :D

Shirley Martin likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

I like to eat too. My dad was a big eater. He enjoyed eating. I could never understand this until after I retired when I started enjoying meals, joined in with the misses in their planning and sometime their preparation. I enjoy a good meal but I'm a little heavier than I want to be. So, Just to be safe today I had a large breakfast, two eggs, a bacon, one and one third biscuits with a teaspoon of home made wild plum jelly and coffee and twenty calories worth of half and half. For lunch I had a small bowl of watermelon. For dinner tonight, I had another bowl of watermelon and a bottle of Ozark water. So total calories today are 805. Although still hungry I'm going to try to stay the course until I stand on the scale it reads 179.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs , I don't think you are getting enough protein. Your body will start to burn muscle. And , at your age, you need all the muscle you can get. :D

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yeah, but I'm so close.

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

Tomorrow eat two eggs, a slice of whole wheat toast with butter, no jelly. For lunch, a few ounces of some kind of meat with a tomato and one slice of whole wheat bread. Afternoon snack, watermelon. For supper, a broiled pork chop and some kind of green vegetable, all you want to eat. No bread.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

If you're talking to me call me skinny. At six fifteen this morning I stepped on the scale. It swung back and forth, it bounced, the needle shuttered and trembled, then settled down. I looked down at the reading, reached over and flipped on the light. Great day in the morning. I'm looking down at 179.0 pounds.

Ok, I'm gonna fill up on proteins.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  11. Shirley Martin

Registered

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Nothing to report except I am holding my own, at 179.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The best way to lose excess weight in my opinion is to never deny yourself the foods you love...just eat smaller portions of everything. I quit doing "diets" years and years ago since all they did for me was to have me gaining back even more weigh later on. Just cutting down on the portion size and adding more healthy veggies and fruits to your meals should help drop those extra pounds.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

I don't know @ Babs Hunt. When I started trying to lose some weight I weighed over 230 #. It has taken over two years but I have lost 55# doing what I am doing. I was at 184 give or take a couple of pounds for a good while, but started inching up to 189.I'm conferrable at 184 0r 185 and If I get any light I may've to get a new wardrobe. I have to have suspenders to keep up my pants, my shirts hang loose on me, but I'm just building up a small margin. I'm eating okay but staying below 1198 calories a day. Some days I calorie up to 1200 and some days I get around 900. Sometimes I feel I could eat 1500 calories at a go. It's sort of a game with me since I have no one to play ring around the roses with.

Shirley Martin and Babs Hunt like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Everyone has their own way of doing things @Bill Boggs and if your way is working for you then I'm happy for you...and hoping you are eating healthy and getting all the vitamins and minerals, etc. that your body needs while you are dieting.