Disinformation Scheme Targeting The U S

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Nancy Hart, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

As my Spanish professor once said to me "Plagiarismo!"

eta--Now we can all go back to our separate tribes, never seeking common ground, due to our generalizations & mutual insults.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

The reports are referring to things like political memes and videos circulating on the internet, which are produced by Russians, and put on websites like Facebook, by Russians posing as Americans. Not comments by individual American politicians.

Bobby Cole and Lulu Moppet like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Can King or Gohmert match this? If so, please post it as I haven't seen it now or during the Obama Administration.

4. Lulu Moppet

Registered

I'm not playing this game with you Don. I find King and Gohmert to be so repulsive that I would rather hang myself than look and listen for particular tapes of them. I never seek them out deliberately but am sometimes assaulted by their presence on the news so unfortunately for me, hear them.

The word 'cantaloupe' does come to mind. Not defending my choices to you, but I like Maxine Waters and Cory Booker. There were Republicans I have liked in the past, there are some I have a smidgen of tolerance for now. I'm hoping Mitt Romney will bring some civility and guts back to your party. John McCain left big shoes to fill.

We're all in this together, whether we like it or not. Obviously many of us don't like it at all, not one little bit.

I was only using your own words to show you they can be used equally for any side.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The fact that you obviously believe that is frightening to me,

Tom Galty and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Lulu Moppet

Registered

I WAS QUOTING DON'S POST, ONLY CHANGING NAMES, etc. Obviously you didn't read carefully enough, no worries, I'm guilty of same sometimes. Now, I will do the same for you:

"The fact that you obviously believe Don's post with no qualms about it is frightening to me."
    See? And Don's post, Ken, doesn't frighten me as much as it..................nevermind. For now, anyway.

7. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

How can anyone like Maxine Waters????

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The people behind the division in the US is the deep state and not Russia. Russia got to be the big scary bad guy because they needed an enemy to blame for everything. No Russia no NATO think of the billions of dollars spent on military arms. You are going to find out that England lied about the so call Russian poisoning. It has been proven now that Roy Moore election had Russian bots helping him and now they know it was the Democrats that did it. They used this Russian fear to attack Trump and not proved it all started from the Democrats. The bad guys need to keep you frightened so they can control you. Russia Russia Russia the deep states boogie man.

Don Alaska and Tom Galty like this.
  9. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Yes, let's hear it from 2 men on the sidelines who can't vote in a U.S. election. Not that your opinions don't count, they just carry no weight. It would be like me complaining about Theresa May or Danilo Medina. Interesting maybe, but so what?

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Lulu so what??? we are all in this world together. The enemies are the same.

Don Alaska and Tom Galty like this.
  11. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Martin. You are sounding like a globalist.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Far from a globalist but the same people who are causing problems in the US are the ones causing problems around the world.

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

14. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Would it shock anyone to know I think the freshman congresswoman made a big, fat error which tone should not now or ever be repeated? She spoke for herself. Btw, Don, I found your tone to me to be quite condescending. I urge you to reconsider your attitude. I never run out of ammo, and do seek a peaceful solution when all parties are willing. Armistice is not out of my vocabulary and hope YOU can say the same.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am getting very tired. VERY tired and weary of the same old clap-trap political sandboxing that has been going on.
    Immediately after the dems took over the majority of the house, they started spending money. On what? Immigration? infrastructure? health insurance reform? Who put the bop in the bop shebop shebop?
    Nope.
    Let’s all gang up and spend oodles of the American people’s money and impeach the president! Yup.
    And the republicans? Let’s all spend an equal or more amount of money proving that the dems can’t!
    And while we are all at it, let’s all tweet, canvas, give speeches and spend more money trying to find different ways to side track the real issues and blind the American people of the fact that they’re all there just to make a buck or rather, a few extra million.
    Disinformation? Not one politician wants the American people to know what they actually make on a day to day basis and not one wants anyone to know who they’re actually in bed with. Most of them are totally phony incompetents but it seems like the dems are just better at hiding it for the present time or, maybe it’s the republicans who are better at hiding stuff. Somewhere along the line I lost count of who did what to whom and why they did it for so forgive me if I seem a tad dazzled by the bull instead of by the brilliance of it all.

If they all just did their REAL job instead of taking a page out of some televangelists notebook concerning how to give better lip service and hide the money, we and they would be much better off.
    If they all did their own jobs and quit scavenging for “bedroom politics” to whisper to the media, we might find some congresss people who could actually be respected by the whole of the American people and not just by a faction or fraction of it.

None of them would have time to spread idiocy to the media, none of them would have time to tell their constituents to physically attack someone of another party and certainly, none of them would have time to spread gossip created by those who would see our government as a whole come down around our very ears.
    The Russians did this, the Chinese did that and we have to spend a gazillion dollars to prove that they said whatever it is that they said or did whatever they did. To heck with the Russians, the Chinese and every bit of main stream media that is out there making money with commentary sensationalism and selling products touted as helping people have a better sex life.
    Concentrate on NOW and make it better, then the next regime can make it even better, and the next better still until eventually we wind up with a utopia and not a garbage dump of rhetoric and false information.

If I have a job to do, I do it. If I have a plumbing or electrical job to do, I do not point to the pretty picture on the wall in order to take the focus off of my job or stand around handing out gossip or proclaiming how much better of a job I can do than the ner-do-well down the street. I do what I say I can do..;..nothing more, nothing less.
    Our government should operate the same way. Blind, deaf and mute to all the superfluous crap and eyes wide open to the real job they were elected to do.