Do We Need A Wall?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Build the wall. China did eons ago over hill and dale and it works.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken is definitely NOT being Scrooge...…….just truthful. And, I totally support his feelings.

Hal Pollner likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

We are also hopefully wise and discerning Americans that realize the solutions we have tried so far have not worked....and it is time to go bold and build a Wall and do anything else we need to do to protect America and Americans. This is what the Brave do....they face the problem and boldly go forth with the solutions.

Cody Fousnaugh and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Hopefully is the word. Don't see wise. Discerning? Depends on your definition.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

In my opinion the money is the least of the problems in building the Wall...our Government, etc. wastes what it would cost to build that Wall many times over. The problem is not the money to build the Wall...the problem is giving Trump the money to build his Wall.

Al Amoling and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry, Lulu, you are outnumbered, at least on this Thread. Wall definitely needs to be built.

7. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Naturally, I'll leave it to the American people to decide on that question. I can just say that if it's really about deterrence, three other walls have proved to be quite effective in deterring potential trespassers. The first one was the Iron Curtain, the other one is the border fences closing the Balkan route from Greece to Western Europe, and the third one is the Israeli West Bank wall. All three walls were not as long as the one needed in southern USA, though. Without the border fences on the Balkan, West Europe would have been overrun by migrants, that's for sure. What is also true is that the Balkan border fences only deter trespassers but do not close the way to Europe 100%. As for Europe, the fences enabled the EU-governments to buy themselves time and look for ways of solving the crisis.

Bottom line is, through the border fences the current influx to Europe is not comparable to that before the borders were closed. It is probably a combination of physical deterrence and migration control policies that may be most effective. After all, migration pressure is being so enormously high that Europe couldn't do without physical deterrence. That's the only language understood by refugees and migrants.

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

"Sorry, Lulu, you are outnumbered, at least on this Thread. Wall definitely needs to be built."

Outnumbered? SO WHAT? Am I in grade school, Cody? Are you? You must admit that is not a reliable argument. Or do you? I'm one of those brave and free type Americans. Not afraid to stand alone.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

6E2A7CD0-ADC9-4F7E-BC05-6B9030C3F2F9.jpeg

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't feel like posting politics today or tomorrow...busy here at my daughter's but I'm not gung ho on a wall.

If it's built..okay. If not, that's ok also.

Don't really think it's going to be a deterrent...maybe the first month but after that...people will find a way, they always do.

11. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, my thoughts too - it would at least cut down on the numbers
    Its just a pity it has to be done but I guess other measures fail

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Living in Texas and 1st hand seeing the illegals and what damage in my small world is done to ranchers 1st hand from killed livestock, theft & crimes something sure needs to stop them that's where a huge % of our crime comes from also, our opinion here probably would not be allowed here on this topic if bluntly said, I was personally threatened by 5 on a Thanksgiving day on my land sometime back, I thankfully was armed, my elderly neighbor was attacked almost beat to death and raped by illegals, so no love loss here at all. Every incident of a major crime in my area to my knowledge since I have been here was done by illegals. Which is a big reason why about all adults here carry a legal firearm, LTC ,license. The illegals know this and we do not have much crime but what we do that's mostly where it comes from.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If a person did not have a driver’s license but drove anyway and got into an accident, the guilty party is inevitably the person who shouldn’t have been on the road to begin with.
    Call it fate, coincidence or whatever, the accident probably would not have occurred if the person without a license wasn’t driving.

Presently, 22%-27% of prison inmates are illegal immigrants. The Federal, state and local expenses are astronomical and the expense comes out of the American taxpayers’ pocket.
    The money that is put out is for people who shouldn’t have been here in the first place. If illegal immigration wasn’t a factor when deciding upon a prison budget, then that money could be used for much better purposes.

Does that mean that everyone coming here illegally is a bad person? Certainly not but by definition, they’re breaking the law.
    Okay so, we solve the problem by deporting those individuals who break the other laws in the U.S. and leave the good folks alone. Problem with that is if there is no one at the border to keep the bad guys out, then they come back as they persist on doing at this very moment.
    Keeping the bad guys out (and dope) or hunting them down after a major crime has been committed costs as much money in man power, tech and machinery as it does to put them in prison. Not to even mention the amount of money, property and lives that are lost in the actual crime.

If a wall with a lot of manned gates whereby everyone is given the chance to enter legally after a vetting process does the trick, then I’m for it.
    I make sure I know who wishes to come into my home and keep the doors locked when I am not expecting someone and feel the same way about folks coming into my country.
    My people came to America the right way and earned their citizenship so I am all for the same happening for others no matter where they come from or what language they are comfortable with.

Again, if there is a better solution to all of our southern border problems regarding illegals, then will someone please give it to me.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

Building a wall might be a good infrastructure investment, providing the labor is not illegal immigrants. lol

As far as effectiveness, it should be noted that Israel has 8,000 troops (or whatever they are called), patrolling roughly 400 miles of border. It is effective, but when considering that the U.S. would require 40,000 patrolling its southern border... how much money would that require and where would it come from?

Then there is the issue of illegals coming in from Canada, while currently small compared to the southern border... is growing. Do we need a 4,000 mile wall there as well? Lets not forget the 10s of thousands of miles of shoreline.

We have much to fear from these poorly educated illegals and need to build ourselves a fortress to protect ourselves from them.

By all means necessary we must protect this land of the free and the home of the brave.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, "finding a way" is most likely very, very true.