Do We Need A Wall?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

i think they should build the wall--people here cant find full time jobs---my own grandson (27) working part time he makes enough to pay his car insurance- and health insurance-he wants his own apartment but cant afford it

Ken Anderson and Bill Boggs like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Even in Biblical times walls were built around cities to keep out enemies, etc. We live in a World where evil is increasing by the day and we can no longer afford to bury our heads in the sand and pretend that we don't need to take measures to protect America and Americans by every means possible. I can understand others wanting to come here to make a better life for their families...but they are going to have to do that by legal means now because along with those coming in illegally wanting only to make a better life for their families is also those coming in to bring their drugs and guns and violence to America. Some of our former Presidents made it so easy for those intent on evil to come into America that we now have to take whatever stand we have to so that America is rid of these evil ones. They are killing Americans and many of our youth with their drugs, stealing our young, etc. and selling them into sexual slavery, etc. and many are terrorists with no other goal in life but to destroy America.

A Wall is only part of the solution...but it will also let others who don't have good intentions for coming to America know that we will not tolerate people coming in by illegal means...no matter what their reasons for doing so are.

Instead of sending our soldiers to other Countries to protect other people....we need to keep our soldiers here protecting us...that's where we will get the security for the Wall and wherever else we need to place them for security reasons here in America.

For to long we have been helping everyone else out...now it's time to take care of our problems and our people....and our Country.

3. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Walls work to deter. Mentioned in this thread was that technology should be used. Technology is already being used but considering the flow coming in, deterrance isn't happening to the extent needed. What was is no longer sustainable change is needed.
    Drones, ground sensors, heat sensing & cameras are being used.

People finding a way is a no brainer but the intent is to deter those that aren't willing to chance being caught. If walls didn't deter then wealthy people with walled homes wouldn't live behind them.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

They need a wall because they will not allow land mines. Land mines would work great if they do not want a wall.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Only one problem with that Martin...with the technology they have now days they could not only find all those mines but "Alexa" could probably dismantle them too. :)

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe we should start a GoFundMe page to fund Trump's Wall....it might be really interesting to see how much money would be given to that fund.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Someone has done that. The seventh day, and it's approaching $17 million now. -- GoFundMe Wall

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I'm going to add my donation to it for sure because the Democrats are going to do everything they can to stop that Wall....not because we don't need it...but because they would do anything not to give Trump the money to build it.

Shirley Martin and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I totally agree that you ARE one of those brave and free type of Americans, @Lulu Moppet , and I admire your tenacity for standing by your beliefs on this topic.
    You do a great job of explaining what you think and how you feel about something, and still do this without being offensive to anyone. I am quite sure that you are not the only one here who doubts whether we should build a wall; but you have been left to carry that flag pretty much all on your own, and you have certainly earned my respect.
    Whether I agree with you or not is not important, I DO support you in having your opinion, and not being afraid to stand up for what you believe.

10. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a good friend in south Texas with a ranch he lost his wife and family due to illegals after 2 attacks they refused to live there he stayed, seeing buzzards usually means a dead cow or person not unusual at all and common the family was terrified there so left. The property been in family over 100 yrs, plus crime there killed the value of resale. He mentioned there are many that perish found around there very often, Sheriff just comes out and gets transport, not much more as so common. Thirst, snakebite, gunshot or what ever. Ranch's there are like armed camps. Rightly so.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that the wonderful thing about @Ken Anderson's Forum is that we all are free to express and respect each other's opinions...no matter what the topic is. And I don't think I've had the pleasure yet...but welcome to the Forum @Lulu Moppet. And Merry Christmas. :)

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson , if this is for real, I will make a donation. I saw it somewhere else but I hesitated to make a donation because I wasn't sure the money would actually go to build the wall. Do you think it will?

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Yes, it's for real, in that the person who is collecting it is credible, and it has been discussed on Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Fox News. I don't watch the trash stations so I don't know if they have mentioned it, but probably not.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

We will build it!

15. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

SO DO I !
    Hal