Drones

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Patsy Faye, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Perhaps some payback for all the birds that have been swallowed by jet engines.

2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I'm scared of those things!! Can you imagine a war with drones? They are heat seeking. You can't hide. They can just
    fly up to your house or wherever you are and you are toast.
    Hopefully, I'll be dead before it all becomes a terrible end time reality.

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

This is 'exactly' the conversation we had last night, I believe our fears will happen :(
    @Bess Barber

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is not the drones themselves that are a bad thing, in my opinion; but instead, it is how they can be used for war purposes. A drone is just a machine, and has a lot of good applications that it can be (and is being) used for, like delivering supplies and medicine to people after a plane crash or natural disaster, when regular planes or helicopters can’t get to it.

They can use drones to quickly fly over an area where a disaster has happened, and help assess the damage.
    Even the idea of a delivery drone can be a good thing, and would be reasonably fast and cheap to use; so I think that if Amazon starts using them for small deliveries, there should be no problem with that either.

The potential of drones being used in war is both good and bad , too. We have had our planes shot down and the pilots killed , and with a drone, no human is in the drone, so even if it is shot down, no one dies.
    But if we can use drones for war purposes, so can many other countries, and some of the spy drones are about the size of a flying insect, so we would never even notice if we were being spied on by one.

We truly do live in a fast-changing world, for good and for bad !

5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Yvonne Smith They ARE pretty cool when someone is selling rural property. My brother is a land developer and his realtor uses drones for this purpose. There are also nice when people make travel documentaries.

Yvonne Smith likes this.