Earthquake In Phoenix, Arizona?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Hannah Davis, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I kid you not we had a series of earth quakes here in Arizona on Sunday night. This wouldn't be the first time that Arizona has experienced an earthquake but in the past it was usually on the outskirt areas, not in Phoenix. This time it hit the Phoenix are. Did I feel anything, no fortunately in my area it didn't hit too hard. My sister did say that she felt something as if her bed had moved but she thought she had been dreaming at time. Anyway, it was kind of the frightening thought to think that we were having an earthquake this isn't exactly something that happens here.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Earthquakes seem to be happening a lot recently in places where they have not been common before. Oklahoma has had a lot of them. None, so far, have been strong but people fear they may get worse.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Obviously California is well known for them, in the 11 years Ive lived in Fresno I've felt two. Both were about a 4.5.

The first one was a kind of side to side motion, the second one I was in bed and felt the bed shake a little.

I wasnt scared, just stunned.